Horizontal Table parttion [openedge-11.4].

Posted by sahumanm on 04-Sep-2014 09:15

can someone please let me now about below:

A partition of table '*******' cannot be accessed pending completion of database utility operation (17604)

Posted by Richard Banville on 04-Sep-2014 11:13

Run index build on the table that is in the middle of the split operation to fix the corruption in the index.  After that, you will be able to complete the split operation

Posted by Richard Banville on 04-Sep-2014 09:43

Most likely you are trying to access a partition that is in the process of having its data split into another location.

Either the “partitionmanage split” operation is currently running or was interrrupted and must be completed before you’ll be able to access the data.

[collapse]
From: sahumanm [mailto:bounce-sahumanm@community.progress.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2014 10:16 AM
To: TU.OE.RDBMS@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - OE RDBMS] Horizontal Table parttion [openedge-11.4].

Thread created by sahumanm

can someone please let me now about below:

A partition of table '*******' cannot be accessed pending completion of database utility operation (17604)

Posted by Paul Koufalis on 04-Sep-2014 09:20

I believe that a partition operation was interrupted.  Re-run it to completion.

All Replies

Posted by Paul Koufalis on 04-Sep-2014 09:20

I believe that a partition operation was interrupted.  Re-run it to completion.

Posted by sahumanm on 04-Sep-2014 09:40

@Paul

Actually i go through with API and this code Snippet  run successfully, and i found in DB log file:

> What are the number of partition got created.

> What are the number of records moved to particular partition.

then after i was trying to found area where record's belong to then i got that error.