Application Server Profiling

Posted by thiago.daniel@dtsconsultoria.com.br on 27-Aug-2014 08:42

Friends,

Good morning,

I have an application that consumes this resource in a Progress AppServer.

This application connects to an APP Server that runs a procedure and it
returns the result.

One doubt is there about the performance of this appserver as well as
programs run by him.

The way that we found would hold a Profile of the same.

NATIVE there any way to make this product profiler so I can
see the time spent from start to finish processing?

I'm trying to use the Profiler Control tool, however I have not been
able to run on AppServer.

As said, several programs are run on Appserver, including programs that
call programs.

Can you give me a reference on how to use the tool in this scenario?

In the APP Server PF file I configured these parameters below however I
am getting the error 1403 for option -profile.N�o know if the lines are
correct, if not, can please send me an example of how it would be correct?

Must be possible to perform the Deploy the application at runtime.

At the present moment I do not have access to the source code.

-PROFILE
-COVERAGE
-DESCRIPTION "AS Profiler"
-FILENAME "/temp/profile/prof.out"