I use Fathom Replication with Openedge 10.1C. Recently the t

Posted by hannap on 16-Aug-2014 21:10

The target comes up fine in listening mode, but when I try to monitor the source using dsrutil I get an error message - .

When I check the source log file the server replication has shut down with the following errors.

(11691) The RCB for this database cannot be opened. Error -159 occurred.
(10428) Function dssBlobUpdate failed in rpREC_WriteRCB_Blob with error -35020.
(10428) Function rpREC_WriteRCB_Blob failed in rpREC_CloseRCB with error -1.

I did not set up the original Replication and need assistance as to what I should do to get the replication working again.

Posted by hannap on 17-Aug-2014 04:54

Thanks Ruanne, I have I believe followed that path. The database is in after image mode with automated archival. when I enable replication on the source server prior to creating the replication backup, I get an error when I run dsrutil dbname -C monitor that says "cannot connect to replication shared memory. Status = -1.

All Replies

Posted by Ruanne Cluer on 17-Aug-2014 02:44

without knowning the exact detail and order of execution, typically these errors have to do with something in the creation process having gone wrong or been incorrectly undertaken.

i'd advise disabling replication: dsrutil <dbname> -C disableSiteReplication source

and then review the action items listed in article : "What are the steps to enable OpenEdge Replication on a live database on OpenEdge 10.1B or later" which can be found here:

knowledgebase.progress.com/.../P125677

Posted by hannap on 17-Aug-2014 04:54

Thanks Ruanne, I have I believe followed that path. The database is in after image mode with automated archival. when I enable replication on the source server prior to creating the replication backup, I get an error when I run dsrutil dbname -C monitor that says "cannot connect to replication shared memory. Status = -1.

Posted by Muhammad Akbar on 17-Aug-2014 08:20

That is because the db may not be running.

-Muhammad Akbar

On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 5:54 AM, hannap <bounce-hannap@community.progress.com> wrote:

Reply by hannap

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

This thread is closed