Regarding Net-ui

Posted by aaravindhantj on 25-Jun-2014 01:28

sir

can anybody explain what is net-ui and where can i get the documents regardinf this net-ui.

pls help

thank you

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 25-Jun-2014 01:37

For development related questions, I recommend the OpenEdge Development forum: https://community.progress.com/technicalusers/f/19.aspx

GUI for .NET allows you use use .NET Controls to enhance the appearance of OpenEdge GUI applications and it is available since OpenEdge 10.2A.

For a first overview GUI for .NET is very well documented here: https://community.progress.com/technicalusers/w/openedgegeneral/1107.openedge-11-3-product-documentation.aspx?Redirected=true

OpenEdge GUI for .NET:
Document Title
Link to PDF
Link to HTML
GUI for .NET Primer
GUI for .NET Programming
GUI for .NET Mapping Reference
Introducing the Progress Developer Studio for OpenEdge Visual Designer
ABL Reference
Object-oriented Programming

Posted by aaravindhantj on 27-Jun-2014 01:30

sir

thanks for your guidance . I cannot understand whether or how NET-ui is helpful to progress dba, the documents you referred, explains how to program the NET-ui so i request you to pls explain or direct me for any materials or documents that explains how NET-ui is used in progress dba

Posted by aaravindhantj on 27-Jun-2014 01:31

hi

Posted by Mike Fechner on 27-Jun-2014 01:36

If you as a DBA are not involved in programming, I doubt that any technology build to modernize application user interfaces will be helpful to you.

Posted by aaravindhantj on 27-Jun-2014 05:22

sir
received ur mail , thanks am i not a kind to hesitate of programming i cannot correlate the data's given in the documents regarding Net -ui with dba. It states that Net-ui is an  client application then how as an dba uses it pls explain

[collapse]
On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 12:06 PM, Mike Fechner <bounce-mikefechner@community.progress.com> wrote:
Reply by Mike Fechner

If you as a DBA are not involved in programming, I doubt that any technology build to modernize application user interfaces will be helpful to you.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by Mike Fechner on 27-Jun-2014 05:26

Please excuse me, but I really don’t understand your question.

Posted by Phillip Molly Malone on 27-Jun-2014 05:39

As you say, the .Net UI is another client. If you are talking about how it connects to the Database, it can do it directly (shared memory or Client/Server) or do it via AppServer. There is nothing special about the way the connection is done. There is in how you pull the data out of the database and display it (to a degree in that the ProBindingSource allows you to display data like the .Net Dataset) but the connection is no different!

Are you having an issue with this that we might be able to help better with if you ask about the issue rather then the concept in general?

HTH

Molly

This thread is closed