OpenEdge 11.3 Workgroup RDBMS and remote connections

Posted by Bourgmaj on 10-Jun-2014 06:28

Hello,

I installed a OE Workgroup RDBMS licence (Windows 64 bits) in order to test databases remote connections.

That does not work and I received the error code 4406 « This client is not licensed for remote connections ».

When I checked the cfg file, I saw that my product name is OE Workgroup RDBMS, but the user limit is 5 instead of 49 as it is written in the KB# S000001203.

Is it something wrong in my installation ?

Thank you

Posted by Bourgmaj on 10-Jun-2014 08:16

Thank you Mike, I will try to get an eval licence for this product.

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 10-Jun-2014 06:36

Remote (TCP) connections require a client networking license.

When working locally, connect using shared memory, with no –H and –S parameter and the full db path in the –db parameter.

The 49 is the technical limit of the workgroup DB. Looks like your license is just for 5 users.

If you need to test with more users, contact PSC for an eval license.
[collapse]
From: Bourgmaj [mailto:bounce-Bourgmaj@community.progress.com]
Sent: Dienstag, 10. Juni 2014 13:29
To: TU.OE.RDBMS@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - OE RDBMS] OpenEdge 11.3 Workgroup RDBMS and remote connections

Thread created by Bourgmaj

Hello,

I installed a OE Workgroup RDBMS licence (Windows 64 bits) in order to tests databases remote connections.

That does not work and I received the error code 4406 « This client is not licensed for remote connections ».

When I checked the cfg file, I saw that my product name is OE Workgroup RDBMS, but the user limit is 5 instead of 49 as it is written in the KB# S000001203.

Is it something wrong in my installation ?

Thank you

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by Bourgmaj on 10-Jun-2014 06:46

Thank you Mike,
In fact, I already use an eval license. Initially I had a personal database OpenEdge 11.3 eval license. I could test multi-user connections but only locally. I saw in the KB database that I need a Workgroup or an Enterprise RDMS to try remote connections.
I contacted PROGRESS and I got these 2 ( Workgroup and Enterprise) eval licenses.
But, after having installed the Workgroup license, the problem is not resolved.
Which eval license should I ask for?

Posted by Mike Fechner on 10-Jun-2014 06:49

Like I said: You need a “client networking” license for remote connections.

Von: Bourgmaj [mailto:bounce-Bourgmaj@community.progress.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 10. Juni 2014 13:47
An: TU.OE.RDBMS@community.progress.com
Betreff: RE: [Technical Users - OE RDBMS] OpenEdge 11.3 Workgroup RDBMS and remote connections

Reply by Bourgmaj
Thank you Mike,
In fact, I already use an eval license. Initially I had a personal database OpenEdge 11.3 eval license. I could test multi-user connections but only locally. I saw in the KB database that I need a Workgroup or an Enterprise RDMS to try remote connections.
I contacted PROGRESS and I got these 2 ( Workgroup and Enterprise) eval licenses.
But, after having installed the Workgroup license, the problem is not resolved.
Which eval license should I ask for?

Posted by Abri Venter on 10-Jun-2014 07:03

Hallo

This table as per 32977 lists the available products per platform. Each product that is avail per OS will have a license.

To know what is part of each product you would need to look at the pdf documentation ÖpenEdge getting started:Installation and configuration"that you can also download from your ESD account under documents and samples.

Thank you

A Venter

Posted by Bourgmaj on 10-Jun-2014 08:07

Thank you Abri,
I was not able to find any information regarding the fact that client networking is (or not) included in a product.
I suppose that client networking is a separate license to be bought and then added to Workgroup, but I am not sure that it exists for 64 bits?

Posted by Mike Fechner on 10-Jun-2014 08:11

It is available for 64 bit.

Gesendet von Surface Pro

Von: Bourgmaj
Gesendet: ‎Dienstag‎, ‎10‎. ‎Juni‎ ‎2014 ‎15‎:‎08
An: TU.OE.RDBMS@community.progress.com

Reply by Bourgmaj
Thank you Abri,
I was not able to find any information regarding the fact that client networking is (or not) included in a product.
I suppose that client networking is a separate license to be bought and then added to Workgroup, but I am not sure that it exists for 64 bits?

Posted by Bourgmaj on 10-Jun-2014 08:16

Thank you Mike, I will try to get an eval licence for this product.

This thread is closed