monitoring replication management rules

Posted by a.noteboom on 15-May-2014 05:38

I currently implementing replication on our databases.(we have about 100 production database spread over half a dozen servers). I'd like to get an alert when replication is not functioning correctly, and i'm trying to use OEManagement for that. It seems that i have to configure a ruleset which monitors the database logfiles for all the possible errors that can occur with replication. there are quite of few reason why it can fail, and there are probably more then i can think of. Is there a smarter way to monitor replication? I don't see any rule's about replication in the list of database condition that i can use for this.

Posted by Paul Koufalis on 15-May-2014 06:07

The rule set is already there in the library.

You must monitor Pica buffers via script.

Careful OEM had trouble with lots of remotely monitored resources until it was patched in 10,. 2b08 plus hotfix.

All Replies

Posted by Paul Koufalis on 15-May-2014 06:07

The rule set is already there in the library.

You must monitor Pica buffers via script.

Careful OEM had trouble with lots of remotely monitored resources until it was patched in 10,. 2b08 plus hotfix.

Posted by a.noteboom on 15-May-2014 07:19

I told my manager that 11.3 was a prerequisite for implementing replication.  So i think i'm good versionwise.

After looking three more times i have found the predefined rulesets for the logfiles.  thanks.

i have some more reading to do on pica.

This thread is closed