Enable Multi Tenant tables

Posted by bart.syryn on 22-Apr-2014 08:40

Hi, We're trying to setup a Multi Tenant database (I'm new in this). We've created a database according to the video's and whitepapers on the progress-site (with a .st -file). We could enable the database as Multi-tenant and create tenants. But when I select 'Enable Multi Tenancy for Tables', I can't select any table. They all are in Type I storage. The .st file that i used is the following : # b c:\D-Plan\db\ # d "Schema Area":6,32;1 c:\D-Plan\db\ d "Data":7,64;8 c:\D-Plan\db\ d "Indexes":8,64;8 c:\D-Plan\db\ # Additional Area Storage for tenants d "T1":101,64;8 c:\D-Plan\db\ d "T2":102,64;8 c:\D-Plan\db\ d "T3":103,64;8 c:\D-Plan\db\ d "T4":104,64;8 c:\D-Plan\db\ d "T5":105,64;8 c:\D-Plan\db\ Can someone point me what I'm doing wrong here and how I can enable the tables for Multi-tenancy ? Kind regards, Bart Syryn

Posted by bart.syryn on 23-Apr-2014 09:47

Ok, thanks for all the replies.

All Replies

Posted by Dileep Dasa on 22-Apr-2014 08:56

If you want to enable  multi-tenancy for a table, it SHOULD be in Type II area

Posted by bart.syryn on 22-Apr-2014 09:01

Ok, but how I load the .df file in a Type II area ? Is my .st-file incorrect ?

I've looked in the knowledge base, but tablemove doesn't work, it gives me the error that the area doesn't exist ?

Posted by Satya Prasad on 22-Apr-2014 09:02

To enable multi-tenancy on any table, The table area should be in Type II.

Thanks,

[collapse]