Location of Multi-Tenancy Samples/API

Posted by DLC1984 on 18-Apr-2014 12:56

We've been trying to find the sample stuff below to play with Multi-Tenancy....can anyone point us more specifically to the url/spot/link where we can download this:

This is from the Multi-Tenancy documentation: OpenEdge includes a sample multi-tenancy enabled database (sportsmt) that installs from the self-extracting Documentation and Samples file that you can download with the product installation from the Progress Software Download Center. This sample database comes with ABL procedures that use this API to configure the database with
the multi-tenant schema and sample data. An included README.txt file describes all the files installed with the sample and how to use them to complete the database configuration.

Thank you.

All Replies

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 18-Apr-2014 13:23

The workshop that Gus did last year had good material as well. I wonder if that can also be shared.. Gus?

Posted by DLC1984 on 18-Apr-2014 16:23

Thanks..I do have Gus's presentations   :-) ...I'm looking for the code Samples referred to in the docs that use the API to have some examples of how it's been done by someone else

[collapse]
On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 11:24 AM, Jeff Ledbetter <bounce-jeffledbetter@community.progress.com> wrote:
Reply by Jeff Ledbetter

The workshop that Gus did last year had good material as well. I wonder if that can also be shared.. Gus?

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 18-Apr-2014 16:33

For me, I see it here:

<DOC INSTALL>\samples\MultiTenancy\db

[collapse]
From: danielforeman [mailto:bounce-danielforeman@community.progress.com]
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2014 2:25 PM
To: TU.OE.RDBMS@community.progress.com
Subject: Re: Location of Multi-Tenancy Samples/API

Reply by danielforeman
Thanks..I do have Gus's presentations   :-) ...I'm looking for the code Samples referred to in the docs that use the API to have some examples of how it's been done by someone else

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 11:24 AM, Jeff Ledbetter <bounce-jeffledbetter@community.progress.com> wrote:
Reply by Jeff Ledbetter

[/collapse]

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 18-Apr-2014 16:52

The samples file is a separate D/L from the electronic download service, it's not part of any platform's binary distribution.

Posted by DLC1984 on 18-Apr-2014 19:31

So can you point me to a link/location on the download service site....I've never downloaded doc's this way before...always downloaded the individual PDFs as I needed them...we can find the binaries fine.

[collapse]
On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 2:53 PM, Tim Kuehn <bounce-timk519@community.progress.com> wrote:
Reply by Tim Kuehn

The samples file is a separate D/L from the electronic download service, it's not part of any platform's binary distribution.

[/collapse]

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 18-Apr-2014 19:57

It's at the same level as the list of available binaries for a given release. You're looking for

Documentation and Samples - Windows platforms

or

Documentation and Samples - UNIX/Linux platforms

On my page, they're 2nd and 3rd from the bottom of the 11.3 release 

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 19-Apr-2014 09:05

The ESD site, Dan, in case that isn't clear.  Same place you get the binaries.

Posted by gus on 21-Apr-2014 09:10

@jeff, dan:

I have posted the multitenant workshop materials from last year here:

community.progress.com/.../2198.openedge-multitenant-workshop.aspx

This thread is closed