OEM 11.3 Problems

Posted by Paul Koufalis on 14-Apr-2014 15:43

OEM 11.3.2

RHEL 6.5

Is anyone running OEM 11.3.x with the AdminServer as non-root?  I am having all kinds of issues with the configdb getting corrupted.  I already have tickets open with PSTS but haven't heard back anything constructive yet.  They are still trying to reproduce.  I don't know for certain that the corruption issue is root/non-root related but I have had to delete and recreate my configdb multiple times.  It seems somewhat related to modifying something that already exists, like a job, but I'm having similar issues all over the place.

All Replies

Posted by Satya Prasad on 15-Apr-2014 02:41

Generally we start admin server as non-root only in our test environment. We are able to start 11.3.2 admin server successfully without any error.

One reason might be, Check whether you have proper permissions on configdb directory in-case you started as non-root user.

Thanks,

[collapse]
From: Paul Koufalis [mailto:bounce-pkoufalis@community.progress.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 2:14 AM
To: TU.OE.RDBMS@community.progress.com
Subject: OEM 11.3 Problems

Thread created by Paul Koufalis

OEM 11.3.2

RHEL 6.5

Is anyone running OEM 11.3.x with the AdminServer as non-root?  I am having all kinds of issues with the configdb getting corrupted.  I already have tickets open with PSTS but haven't heard back anything constructive yet.  They are still trying to reproduce.  I don't know for certain that the corruption issue is root/non-root related but I have had to delete and recreate my configdb multiple times.  It seems somewhat related to modifying something that already exists, like a job, but I'm having similar issues all over the place.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

This thread is closed