Codepage error

Posted by kunal.watkar on 11-Apr-2014 02:29

Hi,

I am getting codepage related error while loading binary dump of a particular table (from database where codepage is iso8859-1) into another database (where codepage is UTF-8) .

Below is the error :

Code page of .bd file (iso8859-1) does not match code page of database(UTF-8). (10855)
Binary Load failed. (6255)

Any solution to this.

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 11-Apr-2014 10:45

Use another database in the middle then ?

1) create a new iso8859-1 database

2) load that one table there

3) convert it to utf-8

4) dump the table

5) load it to your utf-8 database

All Replies

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 11-Apr-2014 03:47
Posted by kunal.watkar on 11-Apr-2014 09:39

Hi Libor,

I tried word rule, but it didn't work for me.

So, I was wondering if there is any other solution.

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 11-Apr-2014 10:17

This error has nothing to do with word-break rules. It says that the data binary dumped out have a different codepage (flag inside the .bd file) than the codepage of the database you are trying to load it to.

Here is the copy and paste of the answer from the thread I referred above, which you have if I am reading it correctly verified few posts below.

Convert the source db to utf-8 prior dumping the data -or- have the target db in iso8859-1, load the data and then convert it to utf-8.

Posted by kunal.watkar on 11-Apr-2014 10:35

Hi Libor,

That's what I am trying to explain in my post here. I just want to dump & load one table and for that, I can't convert any of the source or target DB.

Is there any solution for such case?

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 11-Apr-2014 10:45

Use another database in the middle then ?

1) create a new iso8859-1 database

2) load that one table there

3) convert it to utf-8

4) dump the table

5) load it to your utf-8 database

Posted by kunal.watkar on 11-Apr-2014 10:48

Ohh, Yeah, thanks I can do that.

Any idea what happens if we convert the DB codepage to undefined ? Will it cause any data corruption?

Posted by Paul Clare on 11-Apr-2014 11:00

Hi Kunal, I'm not sure where you are planning to use undefined, but in general it can cause corruption.  You should never need to use undefined unless you already have a corruption issue that you're trying to correct.  And I would recommend logging such issues with Technical support first.  So it's best to stay away from it.  If you do it the way Libor suggested this will resolve your problem.

This thread is closed