tabanalys

Posted by aaravindhantj on 03-Apr-2014 21:08

when i use database tabanalys command and redirect the output to a excel file and when i open the excel file i see the outputs are concatenated in a single excel field i donot know how to get each field data of tabanalys report in each corresponding excel field so that i can compare the each field

All Replies

Posted by James Palmer on 04-Apr-2014 01:01

The Tabanalys output is a flat text output. It is formatted for display on a console. That's why the display is wrong in excel. You would be best outputting it to a .txt file.

Posted by Rohit Kumar on 04-Apr-2014 01:59

Using the –csoutput parameter in tabanalys will enable exporting the data in column separated file format.

There is also a -fieldsep <value> parameter.  The field separator value will override the default value of space in the output.

HTH.

Posted by Stephanie Seney on 04-Apr-2014 08:29

What version introduced these parameters?  We're on OE 10.2b and I don't find anything about these parameters in any of the OE 10 DOCs.  I also don't find a KBASE article explaining how to use them either.

Is it possible that these are only available with OE 11?

Stephanie

[collapse] From: Rohit Kumar [mailto:bounce-rohitkumar@community.progress.com]
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2014 3:00 AM
To: TU.OE.RDBMS@community.progress.com
Subject: RE: tabanalys

Reply by Rohit Kumar

Using the –csoutput parameter in tabanalys will enable exporting the data in column separated file format.

There is also a -fieldsep <value> parameter.  The field separator value will override the default value of space in the output.

HTH.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by Richard Banville on 04-Apr-2014 08:34

The -csoutput parameter for dbanalys (tabanalys, ixanalys, chanalys) is not due to be released until 11.4.0 so it is of no use to you yet.

Posted by Marie Candela on 04-Apr-2014 08:36

Actually it hasn't been released yet.  We're anticipating this output format being available in 11.4.0.  It was premature for Rohit to recommend using them.

-Marie

Posted by Stephanie Seney on 04-Apr-2014 08:45

Richard,

Thank, I kinda thought it was a OE 11 thing, as I've not heard or seen anything anywhere of an "undocumented" feature.  Nuts, would love this feature now...as it doesn't look like we'll be upgrading to 11 anytime real soon.

Stephanie

[collapse] From: Richard Banville [mailto:bounce-richb@community.progress.com]
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2014 9:35 AM
To: TU.OE.RDBMS@community.progress.com
Subject: RE: tabanalys

Reply by Richard Banville

The -csoutput parameter for dbanalys (tabanalys, ixanalys, chanalys) is not due to be released until 11.4.0 so it is of no use to you yet.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 04-Apr-2014 08:49

Stephanie,

in reply to *you* in here community.progress.com/.../9320.aspx it has been mentioned that this will be 11.4 thing.

This thread is closed