Late reminder - OE DB Q&A online session

Posted by Jean Richert on 17-Feb-2014 16:41

Just in case you have not seen it through our Community calendar or Social networks, we have our first Q&A session taking place tomorrow. Details available here: https://community.progress.com/c/e/28.aspx

All Replies

Posted by James Palmer on 19-Feb-2014 02:38

Was a really useful session, even if there weren't many attendees. There's a Development focussed one tomorrow, so get yourselves online if you can! :) community.progress.com/.../9006.aspx  These things are always better when there's lots of questions!

Posted by Paul Koufalis on 19-Feb-2014 07:21

If it wasn't for Jean's post, I would have never heard of it.  On Wednesday night, AFTER the Q&A, I saw an advertisement for it in my Facebook feed.  

Posted by Mike Fechner on 19-Feb-2014 07:26

Linkedin wasn't much faster either.

Posted by Jean Richert on 19-Feb-2014 07:28

Sorry Paul and as I already said, we need to do a far better job in letting our users know about these online events.

May I suggest you go to our Community Calendar community.progress.com/.../4.aspx and subscribe to it

Posted by Paul Koufalis on 19-Feb-2014 07:35

Calendar? What calendar?  Another news flash!:-) Yes I will subscribe.  Thanks for letting us know about this calendar.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but it would seem to me that the minute I joined the community I should have been on all the mailing lists (ex-Forum notifications) with the option to opt out if one of the lists did not interest me.  

Are there any other such subscriptions of which we should be aware?  PANS comes to mind but I don't know if it's part of Community.

Posted by Alex Hart on 19-Feb-2014 07:36

Thanks Jean I have attended two sessions so far and have registered for a few more. The sessions are really nice and I like what Progress is doing for the community. I even attend session on topics I am not familiar with as it gives me new ideas.

Keep it up and thanks for the awesome support from Progress I have received so far .

Posted by Jean Richert on 19-Feb-2014 07:44

Hi Paul,

Initially all users were subscribed to almost all forums etc etc. The day we switched on our notification service, I received lots and lots of emails asking us to stop spaming members. So we stopped the notification, ran a script to set all users' notification to off and re-enabled the service...

Expect forum/wiki/docs notification, the Calendar ones are somehow new as we didn't run webinars until now.

I know most/all users do follow me through this platform so I try to keep people posted through my posts.

When it comes to PANS, as you said Paul, these are outside the Community.

Posted by Paul Koufalis on 19-Feb-2014 07:47

That makes sense.  I would not want to be spammed by all the forum notifications either.

Posted by Abri Venter on 19-Feb-2014 07:58

Hallo

Are the sessions mostly 15:00 GMT, in SA we are on GMT + 2 so 14:00 GMT would have been a little easier.

Thank you

A Venter

Posted by Jean Richert on 19-Feb-2014 08:05

Difficult to please everyone including APJ and USA West coast members...

Posted by Kandavel Elangovan on 19-Feb-2014 11:10

Thanks Jean for the calender link. I wasn't aware about it.

Kandavel

[collapse]
On 19 Feb 2014 19:10, "Jean Richert" <bounce-jri@community.progress.com> wrote:
Reply by Jean Richert

Sorry Paul and as I already said, we need to do a far better job in letting our users know about these online events.

May I suggest you go to our Community Calendar community.progress.com/.../4.aspx and subscribe to it

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by Phillip Molly Malone on 19-Feb-2014 15:13

[quote user="Jean Richert"]

Difficult to please everyone including APJ and USA West coast members...

[/quote]

<sarcasm>No its not. Just have it in our time zone and we will always be pleased! Admittedly the rest of the US and Europe would be crappy, but does anyone really worry about them?</Sarcasm> ;-)

Posted by Mike Fechner on 19-Feb-2014 15:20

If you fly us all into warmer regions, we may agree!

Posted by Jean Richert on 19-Feb-2014 15:44

I'm in. Not far away from the place where I grew up...

Sent from my iPad

On 19 Feb 2014, at 22:21, "Mike Fechner" <bounce-mikefechner@community.progress.com> wrote:

Reply by Mike Fechner

If you fly us all into warmer regions, we may agree!

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

This thread is closed