Oracle DataServer 10.1C on Solaris 64Bit Startup Problem (10

Posted by Admin on 06-May-2008 11:05

Hello y'all,

We're having a problem using Oracle DataServer 10.1C.

We are currently using a configuration running on a 64 Bit Solaris, OE10.1B.

Oracle 9 is running on a different server, tnsnames.ora and all, _everything's_working_fine_.

Now I wanted to check out the unicode capabilities of 10.1C and got loads of core dumps - even when using a non-unicode setup that was nearly identical to our previous 10.1B environment.

If I included the connect to the far oracle database at startup then it usually dumped then.

If I didn't connect at startup but connected later using "Data Dictionary"->"OracleDataServer"->... it dumped then...

Being a little shaken by all this I then tried to start the pure _orasrv - dumps with "Segmentierungsfehler (core dumped)" - german for segmentation error, I think.

Running the 10.1B _orasrv without any parameters stops with a perfectly reasonable message stating that i should supply a database name.

I even used the new (?) environment parameters Oracle_SID and Oracle_HOME in addition to ORACLE_SID and ORACLE_HOME and lots of other parameters.

I'll paste some more of them to the end of this message...

Are there any fundamental configurational changes to 10.1C Oracle Dataserver that I may have missed?

Yours desperately,

Detlef

Some environmental issues following...

DLC=/progress/dlcOE101C

PROEXE=$

ICU_DATA=$

LC_COLLATE=de_DE.ISO8859-1

LC_CTYPE=de_DE.ISO8859-1

LC_MESSAGES=de

LC_MONETARY=de_DE.ISO8859-1

LC_NUMERIC=de_DE.ISO8859-1

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/progress/dlcOE101C/lib

NLS_LANG=GERMAN_GERMANY.WE8ISO8859P1

ORASRV=$DLC/bin/_orasrv

Oracle_HOME=/opt/oracle/OraHome1

Oracle_SID=ORA_RHBWS_PROG

ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/OraHome1

ORACLE_SID=ORA_RHBWS_PROG

1. 64 bit libs:

ORASOPATHNAME=/opt/oracle/OraHome1/lib/libclntsh.so

OSTYPE=solaris2.10

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/oracle/OraHome1/jdk/jre/lib/sparc/native_threads

... plus "export"s ...

All Replies

Posted by svi on 06-May-2008 13:54

Please contact TechSupport, I think they are tracking a similar issue (10.1C DataServer for Oracle, Solaris 64).

Posted by Admin on 07-May-2008 03:50

Thank you, will do!

Detlef

This thread is closed