Starting with OE RDBMS 11.3

Posted by Aravindhacks on 07-Aug-2013 00:15

Hey guys,

Recently I have installed the Openedge 11.3 evaluation package.Basically I have to work for Database administration.I'm new to this progress and i need help from you to implement basic DBA functionalities.

What is the next step i should proceed with? I ve tools installed like DB Administration,DB Administration console,management console,proenv. What are the initial steps i should perform?????

Thanks & regards

Aravind

All Replies

Posted by Rob Fitzpatrick on 07-Aug-2013 10:25

My advice to you at this point is stop worrying about the internals of the storage and query engines etc. and read the documentation: http://communities.progress.com/pcom/docs/DOC-109242

Start with the Installation and Configuration manual.  Then move on to Database Essentials and Database Administration.

Posted by Aravindhacks on 07-Aug-2013 22:56

thanks rob.

I ve installed and configured the OE 11.3. I have also created the database using Data dictionary tool.So how can i start the database server and what port should i assign??? If i use some port using -S parameter,it displaying db is in multi user mode.Also i ve also created resource in OE management console and what port shuld i assign there.It also displaying DB broker cannot start.

I'm confused with all the tools.Help me out pls!

thanks & regards

Aravind.

This thread is closed