fill by id

Posted by Mike Fechner on 25-Jul-2017 03:35

Hi,

based on https://documentation.progress.com/output/pdo/#page/pdo%2Ffill(-)-method.html%23 the JSDO should support filtering by id (the doc says, that the Kendo UI does not support this, but this is not relevant for me right now).

jsdo.fill ({
  id: 7
})

However the id parameter is not sent to the server. I debugged the JFP mapping code and the id parameter is not included in the filter object send to the backend.

https://github.com/CloudDataObject/JSDO/blob/master/lib/progress.jsdo.js - line 7730

filter = JSON.stringify({
					ablFilter: ablFilter,
                    sqlQuery: sqlQuery,
					orderBy: sortFields,
					skip: params.skip,
					top: params.top
					});				

params = {filter: filter};

I have added the id parameter (id: parameter.id) to the filter object. And then it works. 

Is the documentation wrong? Or the code?

Posted by egarcia on 27-Jul-2017 06:37

Hello Mike,

This issue is now fixed in the develop brach and will be available in a future release.

Thanks,

Edsel

Posted by egarcia on 27-Jul-2017 06:35

Hello Mike,

It looks like my post from Tuesday did not go through...

This issue was an omission in the code. As you might have seen, it is listed in the reqCapabilities variable as well.

Please noticed that this id parameter to the JFP filter is not the same as the internal id used by findById() or getId().

For this you would need to tell the JSDO to use the remote id as the internal id. I have added a story so this could be addressed in a future release.

Thank you and regards,

Edsel

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 27-Jul-2017 06:16

So it seems that this has been added to the JSDO now :-)

Posted by egarcia on 27-Jul-2017 06:35

Hello Mike,

It looks like my post from Tuesday did not go through...

This issue was an omission in the code. As you might have seen, it is listed in the reqCapabilities variable as well.

Please noticed that this id parameter to the JFP filter is not the same as the internal id used by findById() or getId().

For this you would need to tell the JSDO to use the remote id as the internal id. I have added a story so this could be addressed in a future release.

Thank you and regards,

Edsel

Posted by egarcia on 27-Jul-2017 06:37

Hello Mike,

This issue is now fixed in the develop brach and will be available in a future release.

Thanks,

Edsel

This thread is closed