"The shoemaker's children always go barefoot"

Posted by Valeriy Bashkatov on 16-Jun-2016 06:11

Question to the Community administrators: When a Сommunity will be optimized for mobile devices?

All Replies

Posted by ChUIMonster on 16-Jun-2016 06:23

I'm still waiting for the desktop optimized release ;)

Posted by Paul Mowat on 16-Jun-2016 06:25

I've always found this site quite slow when I have multiple tabs open for some reason. Not tried it on a mobile.

Posted by Valeriy Bashkatov on 16-Jun-2016 06:32

Yes, the site is quite slow in the web browser on the desktop and on the mobile device at me too (

Posted by Riverside Software on 16-Jun-2016 08:35

I saw this new test tool from Google a few days ago : https://testmysite.thinkwithgoogle.com/

Result :

Posted by Edward Sullivan on 27-Jul-2016 08:37

Hi Folks,

I am new to Progress; just started last week and just came across this thread today.  

One of the top items on my list is to get some clarity re: the usability of the site on mobile.  Further down the list is looking at the speed of the site on desktop/mobile.

Aside from the lack of optimization on devices and the overall speed on both desktop and mobile, if you have any other feedback, I'm all ears :)

Thanks

Ed Sullivan

Sr Manager, Community

Posted by cverbiest on 27-Jul-2016 09:18

The layout isn't well suited for desktop either, only about 30% of the screen is used, the rest is wasted on white space

Posted by ChUIMonster on 27-Jul-2016 09:41

You must have a small monitor -- I wish it were only 70% wasted...

A forum dedicated to supporting a technology product *really* needs to support the posting of code samples too.

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 27-Jul-2016 09:46

>> A forum dedicated to supporting a technology product *really* needs to support the posting of code samples too.

Do you mean attachments or posting formatted code inline?

If inline, we already allow that.  Just go into the advanced editor and use the icon which allows you to paste in your code and have it formatted.

Personally I wish the site used only the advanced editor and just forgot about the basic one.

Posted by ChUIMonster on 27-Jul-2016 11:40

You shouldn't have to go through contortions.  And the artificial width restriction is triply annoying with code.  Code shouldn't be an afterthought.

--
Tom Bascom

This thread is closed