Update function of grid

Posted by Elsworth Burmeister on 11-Feb-2016 06:17

Hi

Can someone point me in the correct direction... i have a pop editor on my grid for editing a record.

When i click the update button i not only want tp update the record but i want to populate a dataset or a variable on the client side as well.

Ive tried many examples in demos etc but i cannot get my update method of transport to fire. I have go as far as using a change event for the grid to get its data source and try and fire the update function. However doing it this way i get an error of: model undefined 

Basically when the user clicks on the popup's update/cancel buttons i want to populate variables etc. and i cant seem to get this working.

Any ideas?

TIA

All Replies

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 11-Feb-2016 07:02

Hello,

I have attached a sample file (KendoGrid.txt) written by Edsel, download the attached file and rename it as “KendoGrid.html” and also update the Service URI and Catalog URI to match the Service URI and catalog URI of your service. Please let us know if this works for you.

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/17/3652.KendoGrid.txt:320:240]

Hope this helps,

Sanjeev

Posted by mflanegan on 11-Feb-2016 08:16

Hi Sanjeev

If I wanted to send a filter to the appserver on enter of a search control and then only call the read method, how would I do so?

Thanks in advance.

This thread is closed