Multiple Query String Parameters in REST service

Posted by kevin_saunders on 06-Oct-2015 05:44

OE 11.5.1 on Linux, Tomcat 7

I am having an issue with multiple parameters passed as part of the URL to my REST service.

If I pass: 

filter=SessionID=xdjjkeAQthkcbcKd%7C%7CtOV0_j0rJX_gH7n5n2X~G~lR3x%406S~bO&SiteCode=10 or filter=xdjjkeAQthkcbcKd%7C%7CtOV0_j0rJX_gH7n5n2X~G~lR3x%406S~bO&SiteCode=10 or filter=xdjjkeAQthkcbcKd%7C%7CtOV0_j0rJX_gH7n5n2X~G~lR3x%406S~bO&10

then the parameter after the & gets ignored. There is only 1 input parameter in the method of the class because I cannot define multiple parameters on the Query String in the REST Resource URI editor. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Posted by Mike Fechner on 06-Oct-2015 05:50

What's your issue with multiple parametres for a REST resource?

Works fine for me (at least on Windows). 

to my understanding, the REST Adapter wants to parse query string parameters and so the & if not masked ends one parameter and starts another one. 

But you could also pass the "Complete URL" as a mapped parameter and pass that to the ABL method as a Character input parameter.

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 06-Oct-2015 05:50

What's your issue with multiple parametres for a REST resource?

Works fine for me (at least on Windows). 

to my understanding, the REST Adapter wants to parse query string parameters and so the & if not masked ends one parameter and starts another one. 

But you could also pass the "Complete URL" as a mapped parameter and pass that to the ABL method as a Character input parameter.

Posted by kevin_saunders on 06-Oct-2015 06:06

Thanks Mike!!

You picture showed me where I was going wrong (not defining the parameters on the left side when adding the resource).

Thanks again!!

This thread is closed