Rest Service .restoe Missing

Posted by Pieter van der Vyver on 21-Aug-2015 11:43

Hi All

I am trying to deploy a rest service over some of our existing app server code. I have added annotations etc and followed all the examples from pug and psc. However for some reason when I create the war and paar files to deploy to the tomcat server the .restoe file in the paar file is not being created.

I have created another project to test with but the file is created correctly with that project and the copied files taken from the app server  project. I would prefer it if I could just use the existing app server project though.

i have tried the fixes from the forums and from the KB. Neither work.

Could someone please help me with any ideas on how to force the file to create as i cannot call my services.

OE 11.3.2
Win7,8,10,server2012
Tomcat 7
Rest is set to anonymous login
Call URL: http://localhost:8080/AppSrv/rest/2015API/Dummy?XML=dummyxmlwillfailinapp
Error msg: org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: null while invoking public void _Dummy.2015API__Dummy_POST(java.lang.String) with params [com.progress.adapters.rest.message.impl.RestRequestMessageImpl@2daf91d3].

TIA
Pieter

Posted by egarcia on 22-Aug-2015 13:43

Hello Pieter,

I wonder if you are running into issue PSC00293654 which was fixed in 11.3.3.

In this issue, the .restoe file is missing if the project was created using a non-default path. For example, a project created outside the workspace show this issue.

Was your project created using a non-default path?

Is there any particular difference between this project and the one that works?

I hope this helps.

Posted by Donicello Lampe on 22-Aug-2015 14:14

Here is the corresponding KBase article related to defect PSC00293654:

knowledgebase.progress.com/.../000047763

All Replies

Posted by egarcia on 22-Aug-2015 13:43

Hello Pieter,

I wonder if you are running into issue PSC00293654 which was fixed in 11.3.3.

In this issue, the .restoe file is missing if the project was created using a non-default path. For example, a project created outside the workspace show this issue.

Was your project created using a non-default path?

Is there any particular difference between this project and the one that works?

I hope this helps.

Posted by Donicello Lampe on 22-Aug-2015 14:14

Here is the corresponding KBase article related to defect PSC00293654:

knowledgebase.progress.com/.../000047763

Posted by Pieter van der Vyver on 24-Aug-2015 01:07

Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies. That is the exact issue i am having and i have tried the workaround but it does not work. I will have to get admins to DL the 11.3.3 for me as we are still one behind.

Eds...the one which works correctly and the broken one are both not in the workspace directory which is what confused me.

Thanks again for the replies I will upgrade to 11.3.3 as we need this rest service for a new project.

I will mark as answered if the upgrade fixes my issue.

Cheers

Posted by Pieter van der Vyver on 24-Aug-2015 07:43

Hi Again.

SOooo...I have not yet updated to 11.3.3 but i have got the workaround working.

In my haste trying to get things working my project name ended in AppSrv but the folder I have it in is AppSvr which i was reading to be correct in the .xml explained in the workaround. I have now corrected the folder name and it seems to work. I will however still be doing the upgrade so that future REST projects are not an issue like this was.

Thanks again for the replies.

This thread is closed