AppDesigner Datepicker show week number

Posted by riche on 15-Jun-2015 12:28

Does anyone know how/if we can show the week number in these components?

I tried just adding the showWeeks = true both through More Properties and through javascript when loading and then page show, but no go. I basically tried to use the jquery mobile instantiation to add it and can't seem to get it working although when I inspect it at run-time it seems to have the the same markup, so it looks like we should be able to use it.

Thanks.

Posted by egarcia on 16-Jun-2015 12:18

Hello,

I am sorry.

Here is the answer to your question for the AppDesigner (Mobile App Builder).

I should have considered that you had mentioned about "More Properties".

I took a quick look and found that you can set "showWeek".

However, the way that I found might not be the recommended way. I would expect to set the property by using a setProperty() or similar method.

I am sharing the approach, just in case you are ok using it even though it might not be the recommended approach:

Progress("mobiledatepicker_2").datepicker_dataPickerOptions.showWeek = true;

The code obtains the object that is associated with the DatePicker component and the sets showWeek (no "s") in the datepicker_dataPickerOptions object.

I hope this helps.

All Replies

Posted by egarcia on 16-Jun-2015 05:27

Hello,

This is a question for the Kendo UI forum ( www.telerik.com/.../kendo-ui ).

I checked the configuration options for the DatePicker and it does not have a showWeeks property (as the DatePicker in jQuery UI).

( docs.telerik.com/.../datepicker )

In the Kendo UI forum, I found a post from a couple of years ago related to the week number:

www.telerik.com/.../week-numbers

This post points to the feedback system for Kendo UI.

A suggestion in this area is listed but it seems that it has not been implemented yet:

kendoui-feedback.telerik.com/.../2952881-add-the-ability-to-display-a-week-number-column-to

I could not find much information on customizing the DatePicker so you could implement showWeeks.

It may help to post your question to the Kendo UI forum.

I hope this helps.

Posted by riche on 16-Jun-2015 09:13

I was asking about the AppDesigner component based on the Appery framework, not the new Telerik AppBuilder, but I'm pretty sure that the answer is no anyway. Thanks.

Posted by egarcia on 16-Jun-2015 12:18

Hello,

I am sorry.

Here is the answer to your question for the AppDesigner (Mobile App Builder).

I should have considered that you had mentioned about "More Properties".

I took a quick look and found that you can set "showWeek".

However, the way that I found might not be the recommended way. I would expect to set the property by using a setProperty() or similar method.

I am sharing the approach, just in case you are ok using it even though it might not be the recommended approach:

Progress("mobiledatepicker_2").datepicker_dataPickerOptions.showWeek = true;

The code obtains the object that is associated with the DatePicker component and the sets showWeek (no "s") in the datepicker_dataPickerOptions object.

I hope this helps.

Posted by riche on 16-Jun-2015 12:44

Hey, weeks are showing.

It's good enough for me. I'll be switching to Telerik soon.

Thanks.

This thread is closed