How to Create a Pacific Server as resource in Deveoper Studi

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 14-Apr-2015 11:32

I dont' recall if I was offered with defining a Pacific Server at the time I installed PDSOE, but I guess no, and now that trying to follow this webinar:   link  I found I have no Pacific Server installed...

Went to servers perspective, and trying to create PAS, I face parameters I can't find how to configure...

Does anybody knows where to find this info?

I' ve searched on documentation, but with no luck.

TIA

All Replies

Posted by egarcia on 14-Apr-2015 11:45

Hello,

You should have a set of servers already created for you in Progress Developer Studio.

What services do you have in the Servers view (OpenEdge Server perspective)?

Thanks.

Posted by DivyaTheja on 14-Apr-2015 11:49

Hello,

Pacific Application Server (with development licence) ships with 64 bit PDSOE. Similar to all other servers, PDSOE by default creates pacific application server instances available(oepas1 is the name of default instance). What is the error message you are facing while creating pas in PDSOE?
To verify whether the instance is available or not, you can verify in OpenEdge Explorer or <WORK>\oepas1. If not, to create a new instance from OpenEdge Explorer, you need to provide following mandatory parameters.

-        Name of the instance

-        HTTP and HTTPS ports

-        Shutdown port

-        Tomcat manager login(tomcat/tomcat by default)

-        Select Install Pacific Application Server OpenEdge manager web application

-        Install tomcat manager web application

-DivyaTheja

[collapse]
I dont' recall if I was offered with defining a Pacific Server at the time I installed PDSOE, but I guess no, and now that trying to follow this webinar:   link  I found I have no Pacific Server installed...

Went to servers perspective, and trying to create PAS, I face parameters I can't find how to configure...

Does anybody knows where to find this info?

I' ve searched on documentation, but with no luck.

TIA

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 14-Apr-2015 12:20

Thanks...

That's the thing, I have no info...  the answers for the two people that kindly answered are:

1) on server view, I had all the defaults, except for OEPAS

2) I have no instance, that's why I was trying to create it, but on servers view and trying to create the PAS, I came to the window on the post, but I HAVE NO CLUE to the values that should be defined, as Name of instance, the ports and credentials, etc... That's what I'm asking here....

I checked various manuals from the docs, but can't find examples of the install of OEPAS instances for development....

would it be necessary to unistall PDSOE and reinstall?  I would not like that option, as it is long to recover the current state of development workspace...

Thanks

Posted by Peter Judge on 14-Apr-2015 12:24

Do you have a 64-bit version of PDSOE installed?

-- peter

[collapse]
That's the thing, I have no info...  the answers for the two people that kindly answered are:

1) on server view, I had all the defaults, except for OEPAS

2) I have no instance, that's why I was trying to create it, but on servers view and trying to create the PAS, I came to the window on the post, but I HAVE NO CLUE to the values that should be defined, as Name of instance, the ports and credentials, etc... That's what I'm asking here....

I checked various manuals from the docs, but can't find examples of the install of OEPAS instances for development....

Thanks

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 14-Apr-2015 12:36

You nailed it, Peter...

I remember it's 32 bits...

Can I install a development server and configure my pdsoe to use that serevr?  all around the docs of  OEPAS, they talk aboutr the two version (installs) of PAS...  (trading-in my current license of pdsoe to 64 bits is almost out of the question, it took me more than 15 days the trade-in of appserver for pas)

Posted by egarcia on 14-Apr-2015 12:45

Hello Octavio,

If you do not have PASOE, you should be able to use the restbroker1 server that is defined by default (via the ubroker.properties file) and create a Mobile Service.

The reason that you do not have servers in the Servers view could be because Progress Developer Studio could not access OpenEdge Explorer (or OpenEdge Management if you have it installed). Perhaps, because the password for OpenEdge Explorer was changed.

You can try creating the servers using the following approach:

- Navigate to the OpenEdgeExplorer Connections page from the Preferences. (Preferences/Progress OpenEdge/Server/OpenEdge Explorer Connections).

- Edit OpenEdge Explorer entry from the list. This brings up the Edit Connection Profile dialog.

- Specify user name and password.

- Use Test Connection to make sure that you can connect to OpenEdge Explorer.

- Select Create Servers & Finish.

This should make the servers available from Progress Developer Studio.

I hope this helps.

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 14-Apr-2015 13:46

Mhh.. I wanted to create a OEPAS so I'll follow the webinar, that kindly yourself pointed me to...

I have correctly configured my OE Mgmnt, and stuff..

Following you kind advice, I came to these servers rebuilted.. (as I had deleted them, as the webinar does) and came to this state, with no OEPAS server nor instance...

I thank everyone

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 14-Apr-2015 13:48

I have PDSOE 11.5.0.00, could it be the problem? is some patch already?

Posted by Bill Wood on 14-Apr-2015 15:00

WRT

>> I have PDSOE 11.5.0.00...

This is the latest released version.  The service pack for 11.5.1 has not been released.  You have the most recent release of OpenEdge.  The point earlier was that Pacific AppServer for OpenEdge (PASOE) is only available in the 64-bit PDSOE product,

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 14-Apr-2015 15:36

oh... Thanks!

Is there a way to install develop version on develop server, so my pdsoe talks to a pas, as a way to test the apps that further will talk to production server?

I begin to install PROGRESS_OE_11.5_WIN_64_PDEVAS with my license file,and showed it was about to install pas production, so I cancelled...

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 27-Apr-2015 13:44

Never mind.. I've ugraded to 64 bts edition...

Thanks all!!!

This thread is closed