deployment

Posted by agent_008_nl on 24-Mar-2015 09:35

OE11.3

My collegue starts working on a mobile application also. He has a sports2000 database copy and named it otherwise(logical + physical) than I. He has configured another appserver. We use the same default webserver (restmgr1). He defined a mobile service with a different name. But he uses a businessentity with the same name as I do, with the same methods. When he saves the be it looks like the deployed version overwrites mine, I get an error "database <his logical dbname> not connected" when I try to get my grid in the browser filled. How do we get this working (preferably without renaming the be)?

--
Kind regards,

Stefan Houtzager

Houtzager ICT consultancy & development

www.linkedin.com/in/stefanhoutzager

Posted by egarcia on 24-Mar-2015 09:51

Hello Stefan,

It looks like you are sharing the two AppServers are pointing to the same publish directory which is the working directory by default.

You can double-click on the AppServer item in the Servers view (for example restbroker1) to access the configuration editor and specify a different publish directory.

I hope this helps.

All Replies

Posted by egarcia on 24-Mar-2015 09:51

Hello Stefan,

It looks like you are sharing the two AppServers are pointing to the same publish directory which is the working directory by default.

You can double-click on the AppServer item in the Servers view (for example restbroker1) to access the configuration editor and specify a different publish directory.

I hope this helps.

Posted by Ricardo Rafols on 24-Mar-2015 10:36

Hi agent_008_nl,

In your .cls file, remove the database logical name before the table name.

Old
DEFINE DATA-SOURCE srcBenefits FOR sports2000.Benefits.

New
DEFINE DATA-SOURCE srcBenefits FOR Benefits.

Regards,
Ricardo

[collapse]
From: agent_008_nl [mailto:bounce-agent_008_nl@community.progress.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2015 10:37 AM
To: TU.Mobile@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - Mobile] deployment

Thread created by agent_008_nl

OE11.3

My collegue starts working on a mobile application also. He has a sports2000 database copy and named it otherwise(logical + physical) than I. He has configured another appserver. We use the same default webserver (restmgr1). He defined a mobile service with a different name. But he uses a businessentity with the same name as I do, with the same methods. When he saves the be it looks like the deployed version overwrites mine, I get an error "database <his logical dbname> not connected" when I try to get my grid in the browser filled. How do we get this working (preferably without renaming the be)?

--
Kind regards,

Stefan Houtzager

Houtzager ICT consultancy & development

www.linkedin.com/in/stefanhoutzager

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

This thread is closed