Textarea control properties

Posted by mflanegan on 24-Mar-2015 05:57

Hi,

How do you show horizontal and vertical scrollbars in the textarea control? What, How, when and where do you set these properties?

Regards,

Meyrick Flanegan.

Posted by egarcia on 24-Mar-2015 13:46

Hello Meyrick,

The general answer is that you should be able to control these options of the textarea control using CSS properties.

I noticed that setting CSS properties via CSS file does not seem to be used by the page.

Looking at the Appery.io forums, I found a reference to the Appery() object and setting the style attribute with "!important".

Here is a sample JavaScript code that you can use on the Load event of a page:

Progress("mobiletextarea_5").attr("style", "white-space: nowrap; resize: none; overflow-x: scroll; overflow-y: scroll; width: 300px; height: 200px !important");

I hope this helps.

All Replies

Posted by egarcia on 24-Mar-2015 13:46

Hello Meyrick,

The general answer is that you should be able to control these options of the textarea control using CSS properties.

I noticed that setting CSS properties via CSS file does not seem to be used by the page.

Looking at the Appery.io forums, I found a reference to the Appery() object and setting the style attribute with "!important".

Here is a sample JavaScript code that you can use on the Load event of a page:

Progress("mobiletextarea_5").attr("style", "white-space: nowrap; resize: none; overflow-x: scroll; overflow-y: scroll; width: 300px; height: 200px !important");

I hope this helps.

Posted by mflanegan on 25-Mar-2015 01:10

Thanks Edsel, this works perfectly.

Meyrick Flanegan

Developer - Managed Services

Email: mflanegan@elcb.co.za