going nuts about "You don't have permission to crea

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 19-Mar-2015 00:36

I'm trying to enter the mobile app promise like in " simplifies the development, deployment and management of business" but I have 5 hours trying to create a Mobile app in the Create Mobile App" wizard and keep facing the aforementioned  error.  I've done everything from reinstalling  oepds, to creating new projects... consulted these forums, the knowledgebase and everything in between..  I've created projects ok, but get this message on the wizard for creating mobile app... (the message talks about projects, but it is mobile app I'm trying to create, confusing, don't you think?)

Help, please

Posted by Shelley Chase on 19-Mar-2015 09:28

Can you try going directly to appdesigner.rollbase.com/app/projects and try to create a new project?

If this works then the error is from PDSOE (not the MAB) when it is trying to create the project artifacts. Check your workspace and wordir directories are writeable. Can you create other types of projects in the workspace?

All Replies

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 19-Mar-2015 00:53

Hi OctavioOlguin,

If any error occurs while creating Mobile Apps, PDS OE displays that error. Here Mobile App Builder treats each Mobile App as a Project, that’s the reason why you are seeing that error.
I’m little confused with the following statement:
“I've created projects ok, but get this message on the wizard for creating mobile app”.
Are you able to create Mobile Projects properly from PDSOE, i.e. is Mobile Project is created along with default Mobile App and Mobile Service? Or you are seeing that error only when you try to create Mobile App from “Create New Mobile App” wizard.

Thanks,
Sanjeev.

[collapse]
From: OctavioOlguin [mailto:bounce-OctavioOlguin@community.progress.com]
Sent: 19 March 2015 AM 11:07
To: TU.Mobile@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - Mobile] going nuts about "You don't have permission to create projects in chosen folder"

Thread created by OctavioOlguin

I'm trying to enter the mobile app promise like in " simplifies the development, deployment and management of business" but I have 5 hours trying to create a Mobile app in the Create Mobile App" wizard and keep facing the aforementioned  error.  I've done everything from reinstalling  oepds, to creating new projects... consulted these forums, the knowledgebase and everything in between..  I've created projects ok, but get this message on the wizard for creating mobile app... (the message talks about projects, but it is mobile app I'm trying to create, confusing, don't you think?)

Help, please

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 19-Mar-2015 09:19

As you mention, when creating Mobile Project, it breaks on some step, and shows error:

'Generating Mobile project artifacts...' has encountered a problem.

Internal Server Error: null

and in the details button, shows same 'Internal Server Error: null' message.

I checked Create Express option and also with not checked that option throws error,
The mobile Services gets created (with no resource attached at this moment)...

Posted by Shelley Chase on 19-Mar-2015 09:28

Can you try going directly to appdesigner.rollbase.com/app/projects and try to create a new project?

If this works then the error is from PDSOE (not the MAB) when it is trying to create the project artifacts. Check your workspace and wordir directories are writeable. Can you create other types of projects in the workspace?

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 19-Mar-2015 11:04

I'm out of maintenance, as I found with this page... I've already talked to office in mexico and we are fixing that...

thanks.

This thread is closed