Is the interface name 'IHybridRealm', 'IOERealm&

Posted by Rom Elwell on 03-Mar-2015 10:57

As I learn how to implement OpenEdge SPA, I find three sources that apparently reference the same interface using three different names.

The document 'SPAInstructions.pdf' that shipped with the OE 11.4 documentation, found at C:\Progress\OpenEdge_114_Doc\src\samples\security names the interface 'IOEHybridRealm' in the interface definition on page 5.

The document 'OpenEdge Application Server: Administration' references the interface name as 'IOERealm' on page 337.

And finally, reviewing the source code in the class file 'HybridRealm.cls' in the local file system (C:\Progress\OpenEdge_114_Doc\src\samples\security\OpenEdge\Security\Realm\HybridRealm.cls), the interface is named 'IHybridRealm'.

Unless I am way off base here, it is apparent when attempting to choose the interface to implement from the New Class wizard in PDSOE that the correct name is 'IHybridRealm'.

It might benefit users if Progress can update the errant interface names in the first two documents named above.

All Replies

Posted by knavneet on 03-Mar-2015 11:03

Thank you Rom for pointing this inconsistency. We have entered a documentation bug to address this in the next OE release.

[collapse]
From: Rom Elwell [mailto:bounce-romelwell@community.progress.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2015 10:28 PM
To: TU.Mobile@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - Mobile] Is the interface name 'IHybridRealm', 'IOERealm', or 'IOEHybridRealm'?

Thread created by Rom Elwell

[...]

Posted by Mike Fechner on 03-Mar-2015 11:43
Posted by Rom Elwell on 03-Mar-2015 11:57

Thanks Mike!  Obviously I failed to search the community before posting... I will try and do better in the future.

Posted by Mike Fechner on 03-Mar-2015 12:00

I cross linked more to demo the urgency – when two folks + the silent crowd get confused about the same docu-bug….
Thanks Mike!  Obviously I failed to search the community before posting... I will try and do better in the future.