Rollbase autosave feature before session expired

Posted by clga29261 on 27-Feb-2015 00:27

PROBLEM: One concern is that there is no autosave. Apparently the user is closed out after 30 minutes of inactivity and then if they haven't saved they loose everything?

QUESTION: is there a way to create autosave feature? how? what is the code? im new in rollbase.

FOR EXAMPLE: (creating new record) the user did not put some value in required field. then idle in 30 minutes, which will be automatically logout because of session expiration. when he/she is back, the page in "NEW" is lost.

HELP ME..

All Replies

Posted by Bill Wood on 27-Feb-2015 04:40

I have a question on your scenario. You say the user did not enter a required field and that is why the explicit save did not work

Posted by egarcia on 27-Feb-2015 11:50

Hello,

The issue that you are describing is specific to Rollbase and not Mobile.

It would be nice to have the autosave feature built-in. Could you submit this as an enhancement (submit an idea from the Idea tab)?

I have not tried this myself, but I think that you could customize the form for NEW to include code that on a timer would go through the fields on the screen and save them to localStorage (you might want to exclude any sensitive/private field). Then when visting the page again, yould populate the fields in the form by retrieving the values from localStorage.

When the record is saved, you could clear the data from localStorage so the form is blank for a new record.

I found that there is a plugin for jQuery that can be used to  do an autoSave:

www.jqueryscript.net/.../jQuery-Plugin-To-Autosave-Form-Content-autoSave.html

I have not used this plugin though.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Edsel

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 27-Feb-2015 12:18

Additionally, if you store things locally in the browser, process the case where the data has changed on the server while the data was sitting in the browser local storage.  The user could resume the session days later  (need conflicts resolution policy).

[collapse]
From: egarcia [mailto:bounce-egarcia@community.progress.com]
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2015 12:51 PM
To: TU.Mobile@community.progress.com
Subject: RE: [Technical Users - Mobile] Rollbase autosave feature before session expired

Reply by egarcia

Hello,

The issue that you are describing is specific to Rollbase and not Mobile.

It would be nice to have the autosave feature built-in. Could you submit this as an enhancement (submit an idea from the Idea tab)?

I have not tried this myself, but I think that you could customize the form for NEW to include code that on a timer would go through the fields on the screen and save them to localStorage (you might want to exclude any sensitive/private field). Then when visting the page again, yould populate the fields in the form by retrieving the values from localStorage.

When the record is saved, you could clear the data from localStorage so the form is blank for a new record.

I found that there is a plugin for jQuery that can be used to  do an autoSave:

www.jqueryscript.net/.../jQuery-Plugin-To-Autosave-Form-Content-autoSave.html

I have not used this plugin though.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Edsel

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by clga29261 on 01-Mar-2015 18:15

example:

1. when im in grid list or view page or whatever page, when session expired. and i login again. the return page is the last i used.
2. when im in edit page or new page, when i put value on other field and i did not put value on required field. when im idle and session expired. when i login again, im still on that page where what i put is still there..

thanks,
sorry for my english. ;-)

This thread is closed