Rollbase Mobile - API Method for Search through records

Posted by IramK on 17-Feb-2015 08:24

Hello,

I am trying to build a mobile app that gets the first name as the input (input field) and tries to fetch the contact details when the user presses on a search button.

What I've tried:

I have tried using a REST API service but I think I'm not doing the call correctly. I'm trying to use the selectQuery REST API call where I've supplied all the required fields and it works ok and gets me back the contact relating to that first name but I've encountered two issues with this:

  1. The REST API calling doesn't seem to work in Internet Explorer 11 and I get an error with appery.js (line 781 char 17) (attached screenshot) which just keeps on loading
  2. When using the selectQuery, how can I assign the same session ID that is being used for the user to log in into the Mobile App?

Is there a built-in Rollbase way of getting this done? If I can use the built-in services to get all the information I need, then that would be great. Also is there a documentation that explains each and every part of the app in detail?

What is the best way to get this done? Could someone possibly point me out in the right direction.

All Replies

Posted by Evan Bleicher on 17-Feb-2015 17:08

@anoop, can someone from the Rollbase team assist on this post?

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 18-Feb-2015 00:12

We don’t support SelectQuery in Mobile REST Endpoint. Its only available in regular REST endpoint.

Mobile API Sessions and REST API sessions are different. So Mobile session cannot be reused with REST endpoints

You can query REST API by creating a REST session or using basic auth though.

Posted by IramK on 18-Feb-2015 05:36

Thanks Anoop. If we can’t do it using Mobile REST endpoint, how can I achieve the same using a mobile app? I do not intend to create a REST session and then try and get its session ID to do a select query. If there is any other way, kindly let me know.

Cheers,
IramK

[collapse]
We don’t support SelectQuery in Mobile REST Endpoint. Its only available in regular REST endpoint.

Mobile API Sessions and REST API sessions are different. So Mobile session cannot be reused with REST endpoints

You can query REST API by creating a REST session or using basic auth though.

Posted by IramK on 26-Feb-2015 04:33

Hello Anoop,

Im trying to create a REST session by invoking a login API call when the user clicks on the login button but the response comes back with an error saying: "TextStatus: timeout, Error Thrown: timeout".

The mapping looks correct to me. I have checked the usernameField and passwordField value and they contain the correct values. Could you suggest me as to why this is failing or timing out with the REST API call?

This thread is closed