Mobile applications URIs

Posted by mflanegan on 13-Feb-2015 01:15

Hi there,

Is it possible to have one instance of an application with multiple service and catalog URIs?

I need to connect the single app to multiple appservers, depending on the clients using the application.

Thanks in advance,

Meyrick.

All Replies

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 13-Feb-2015 01:19

Hi Meyrick,

You can upload multiple catalog files into Mobile App Builder. You have to specify catalog URIs as comma separated values. If are you using Session Service to establish a session then you can directly provide Catalog URIs in SessionService_Settings page.

Hope this helps,
Sanjeev.

[collapse]
From: mflanegan [mailto:bounce-mflanegan@community.progress.com]
Sent: 13 February 2015 PM 12:46
To: TU.Mobile@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - Mobile] Mobile applications URIs

Thread created by mflanegan

Hi there,

Is it possible to have one instance of an application with multiple service and catalog URIs?

I need to connect the single app to multiple appservers, depending on the clients using the application.

Thanks in advance,

Meyrick.

Posted by mflanegan on 13-Feb-2015 01:34

Thanks for the reply.

We aren’t needing multiple cat URIs, we are needing the cat URI to change depending on the client connecting to the application.
Each client has a different Database, which will have an appserver linked to it.

Sorry for not being clear in the beginning.

Thanks,
Meyrick.

Meyrick Flanegan

Developer - Managed Services

Email: mflanegan@elcb.co.za

ELCB Information Services (Pty) Ltd

Customer Service Email  elcb@elcb.co.za · www.elcb.co.za

E A S T  L O N D O N

Tel: +27(43)  704 0700

Fax: +27(43) 704 0701

J O H A N N E S B U R G

Tel: +27(11) 879 6179

Fax: +27(11) 454 0384

P O R T  E L I Z A B E T H

Tel: +27(41) 373 0529

Fax: +27(86) 650 0135

Disclaimer

[collapse]

Is it possible to have one instance of an application with multiple service and catalog URIs?

I need to connect the single app to multiple appservers, depending on the clients using the application.

Thanks in advance,

Meyrick.

[/collapse][/collapse]

Posted by egarcia on 13-Feb-2015 05:17

Hello Meyrick,

A possible way to do what you are looking for is to set the serviceURI and catalogURIs prior to the Login to the service.

If you are using the Login page that is part of the Session-enabled template, then you can see that there is a Run JavaScript action associated with the button where a validation occurs.

You could change the code and set the following properties:

  SessionService_Session.serviceSettings.serviceURI

  SessionService_Session.serviceSettings.catalogURIs

  SessionService_Session.serviceSettings.authenticationModel

(Note: Templates that are based on the appconfig.js file use an AppConfigProcessor() function where these properties are set.)

I hope this helps.

Posted by mflanegan on 13-Feb-2015 05:55

Thanks Edsel. I will look into this.