jsdo try out

Posted by agent_008_nl on 11-Feb-2015 08:17

I'm working on a fun project.

All Replies

Posted by Patrick Tingen on 12-Feb-2015 00:43

Looks nice! Do you build it all yourself or do you use bootstrap or something similar? How is it talking to the database? Can we expect to download it in the near future?

C'mon Steef, tell us a bit more :)

Posted by agent_008_nl on 12-Feb-2015 02:28

Posted by blichal on 03-Mar-2015 02:14

regarding the paging mechanism ...

most tables, queries we work with are quite big with millions, tens of millions or more rows, for the sake of discussion i would consider them infinite

having a grid that either shows the total number of rows for the table or query, or worst loads everything would be a problem, no?

we decided to base our framework on extjs not telerik but in our framework the grid (connected to a data object/store) loads pages as needed or as you scroll off end, so to speak.

Posted by agent_008_nl on 03-Mar-2015 03:23

> the grid (connected to a data object/store) loads pages as needed or as you scroll off end, so to speak.

Both are possible, yes, could be in the config info per .html or more central.

Posted by blichal on 03-Mar-2015 03:56

Cool stuff! :)

Posted by agent_008_nl on 19-Mar-2015 05:15

--
Kind regards,

Stefan

Posted by agent_008_nl on 01-May-2015 07:54

Library select2.js to style select elements.

Posted by agent_008_nl on 18-May-2015 03:59

Curious to see how the open source kendo components will fit

Posted by Ruben Dröge on 18-May-2015 04:50

I like the article, but reading the comments was even more interesting!
In fact, they kind of proof the issues the JS world is facing at the moment which the writer has pointed out.
No consensus whatsoever, some like standards, some hate them. Some want frameworks, some want libraries…hence the fragmented environment J

[collapse]