Rollbase Mobile - Is there an updated 'Business Applicat

Posted by Rom Elwell on 30-Dec-2014 09:19

A peer is using a 30-day eval license for Rollbase and is attempting to work through the practical lab that was distributed during the Mobile workshop at Exchange 2014.  The document, entitled 'Business Applications for a Mobile World', contains a series of short exercises to create a sample CRM mobile application based off of the Lead object.  The issue is that there have been some changes to both the Rollbase UI for mobile development and to the underlying structure that are preventing us from completing the exercises in the lab.

The short mobile app I created while attending the workshop at Exchange in October no longer runs, either on my phone (as it did during the workshop) or in the provided emulator for testing within the Rollbase framework.  So, we have two projects on two machines, the first project was originally created at Exchange but has been updated to use Templates, and the second project is being create new at this time.  Both projects followed or are following the instructions in the Lab.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

All Replies

Posted by Anil Kumar on 30-Dec-2014 09:48

Hi romelwell,

The workshop document might be pointing to some of the screenshots of Rollbase Mobile 3.0 environment. However, there were few changes made in 3.1 release of Rollbase mobile environment. i.e., during the mobile app creation we now select object(s) instead of collective views in the ‘New Mobile App’ page in the Rollbase environment. In the CRM example, please select ‘Lead’ object (as per document it says ‘All Leads’, ‘All Open Leads’ , ‘Today’s Leads’) during the mobile app creation.

Regarding the problem with your application: Can you please provide more details on what exactly you are observing when you test this application.

-          Can you please provide some snapshots of the error. Also, please open the network tab (through Inspect element option) and provide error message you are observing

-          Do you observe any warning icon next to ‘Sync Metadata’ button in Rollbase environment? If Yes, can you please perform ‘Sync Metadata’ operation and see if that solves the problem.

>> So, we have two projects on two machines, the first project was originally created at Exchange but has been updated to use Templates
Are you using a Private cloud installation of Rollbase?

>> second project is being create new at this time.  Both projects followed or are following the instructions in the Lab.
Are you seeing same problems (error message in emulator) with both mobile applications?

P.S: Following is the latest documentation on Rollbase Mobile.

http://documentation.progress.com/output/Rollbase/index.html#page/rb/creating-and-updating-rollbase-mobile-apps.html#

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

[collapse]
[...]

Posted by Rom Elwell on 30-Dec-2014 09:58

Anil,

Thank you very much for this info! I am going to share it with my peer, however, I have decided to try and recreate the test application myself and document any changes to the procedures so it is easier for our staff to recreate the test CRM mobile app.  If I run into the same issues with login, I will be sure to document, in detail, to share with you at that time.

Thanks again,

Rom

Posted by Shelley Chase on 30-Dec-2014 11:25

I have took comments during the workshop. I have an updated version I can send you next week.

-Shelley