Authentication Error

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 11-Dec-2014 11:12

We are using basic authentication with our mobile app. If we use an incorrect user name/password the DefaultSession_Login error event will fire with a 401 unauthorized. This has worked fine for months. In our recent testing this still works fine when testing in a web browser (chrome). When I test on my iphone the error event does not fire. In fact the complete event does not even fire. I have enabled winre debugging and when using the web inspector there is no logging taking place for the DefaultSession_Login.

Any ideas as to why these events would not fire on iOS?

All Replies

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 11-Dec-2014 11:34

This works just fine on Andoid devices so it is just an iOS issue. I have tested on iPhone5 and iPod Touch with same result.

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 11-Dec-2014 12:15

It also appears that using ssl does not work on iOS but does on Android. We have both ssl and non ssl setup in our office for testing. Android will work but for iOS we get service is unavailable. Something appears to be broken.

Posted by Shelley Chase on 11-Dec-2014 12:46

Hi Roger,

Did this work on iOS before the upgrade?

Sent from my iPad