Services not working after upgrade

Posted by bal on 06-Dec-2014 17:12

Since the new update, the services for retrieving records from rollbase doesn't work anymore. I have also followed the steps on: http://documentation.progress.com/output/mobile-app-builder/index.html#page/mab/update-projects-with-the-template.html#wwconnect_header and also upgraded the external resources.

What to do?

All Replies

Posted by Anil Kumar on 06-Dec-2014 17:28

Hi bal,

I tried accessing an application in 3.1 (rollbase.com environment) with an existing application which was developed in 3.0.5 and I am able to see the data properly and also perform all CRUD operations properly from the Mobile Emulator. Can you please provide more details on the problem:

1)      You don’t see any data in the Emulator? If this is the case can you please check console (or network tab) for any errors

2)      Is this specific to particular app?

3)      Are you trying with Rollbase Public cloud or Private Cloud 3.0.5?

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

[collapse]
From: bal [mailto:bounce-bal@community.progress.com]
Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2014 4:43 AM
To: TU.Mobile@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - Mobile] Services not working after upgrade

Thread created by bal

Since the new update, the services for retrieving records from rollbase doesn't work anymore. I have also followed the steps on: http://documentation.progress.com/output/mobile-app-builder/index.html#page/mab/update-projects-with-the-template.html#wwconnect_header and also upgraded the external resources.

What to do?

Posted by bal on 07-Dec-2014 07:19

Hi Anil,

We retrieve some information on the homepage, the services on the other pages is working. Its only the main page, before the upgrade it was working. I get the error message below:

Refused to get unsafe header "X-CLIENT-CONTEXT-ID"

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)

Posted by bal on 07-Dec-2014 07:20

Im using the private cloud: 3.0.5

Posted by Anil Kumar on 07-Dec-2014 12:55

Hi bal,

Can you please provide more information on what JSDO services (say getView_All or any of CRUD’s) are being invoked during the load of your homepage?

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

[collapse]
We retrieve some information on the homepage, the services on the other pages is working. Its only the main page, before the upgrade it was working. I get the error message below:

Refused to get unsafe header "X-CLIENT-CONTEXT-ID"

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)

Posted by bal on 07-Dec-2014 15:35

Hi Anil,

I have deleted all the services from the homepage (JSDO and the getviewall) and put it back. Now its working. Very weird situation...

Posted by egarcia on 08-Dec-2014 05:20

Hello,

I just wanted to mention that the message regarding "X-CLIENT-CONTEXT-ID" and failed to load resource with "_oeping" might not be the cause of the issue that you were running to. They might probably still be shown now that the app is working.

If the error was returning error 500 for the access other server resources then they could have been an issue.

I am guessing that somehow there was an issue with the way that services were being invoked and this was fixed when you put the service back.

(For example, it is important to initialize/invoke the JSDO Service before invoking an INVOKE service such as getViewAll.)

Thanks.

This thread is closed