When using the RB_object_Service_object_object_Row service

Posted by bal on 03-Dec-2014 16:15

There are several services which we can use. But what is the purpose of the _Row service? I have stored some records id's locally (like 23424, 2342432) and I want to retrieve only these records. Should i use the _Row service? The _Getall service does not have a filter option...

All Replies

Posted by ajsharma on 03-Dec-2014 23:35

Hi Bal,

If you want to retrieve any particular record you can user _Read service & pass the Id into "filter" request parameter of the service. This will get you a particular record from rollbase backend. _Getall service is for getting all the records.

Regards

Ajay

Posted by Anil Kumar on 04-Dec-2014 03:16

Hi bal,

‘_Row’ Service is not used in Rollbase Mobile (applicable to Rollbase) environment instead we can use _Read service for fetching specific record from Rollbase environment.

P.S: There is a detailed document available in communities which provides step by step information on how we can perform all CRUD operations using Rollbase Mobile environment.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

[collapse]
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2014 3:47 AM
To: TU.Mobile@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - Mobile] When using the RB_object_Service_object_object_Row service

Thread created by bal

There are several services which we can use. But what is the purpose of the _Row service? I have stored some records id's locally (like 23424, 2342432) and I want to retrieve only these records. Should i use the _Row service? The _Getall service does not have a filter option...

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by bal on 04-Dec-2014 03:29

Hi Ajay, Anil,

Ok, i will not use the _Row service. Im familiar with the _Read service, but i want to retrieve a set of records, can we do this also with the _Read service? Eg giving 2 record id's in the filter (seperated with a comma), and fetching all the info of these 2 records?

Posted by Anil Kumar on 04-Dec-2014 07:12

Hi bal,

The current model of Rollbase Mobile do not support fetching multiple records using Read service by providing individual ID’s of the Rollbase records (through filter parameter). Can you please provide the specific usecase you are looking for?

Example URL of get call (Read call): https://<Rollbase URl>/rest/mobile/api/getDataObj?output=json&id=<Record ID>&objName=<Object Integration Name>&_ts=<>

If this is fetching a group of records you can use ‘getView_All’ service by providing specific startRow and rowsPerPage attributes available in the request section.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

[collapse]
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2014 3:00 PM
To: TU.Mobile@community.progress.com
Subject: RE: [Technical Users - Mobile] When using the RB_object_Service_object_object_Row service

Reply by bal

Hi Ajay, Anil,

Ok, i will not use the _Row service. Im familiar with the _Read service, but i want to retrieve a set of records, can we do this also with the _Read service? Eg giving 2 record id's in the filter (seperated with a comma), and fetching all the info of these 2 records?

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by bal on 05-Dec-2014 11:08

Hi Anil,

We have a employee list, we put all the employees on the page based on the "getView_All" service. The end user can save some employees as favourite. On the backend we save the records id's and can retrieve the appropriate columns later when the end user is on favourites page. What kind of service can we use, to retrieve information, based on a few record id's?

Posted by bal on 08-Dec-2014 14:30

Hi Anil,

Any updates around this topic? How can i do retrieval of information (select) based on 2 record id's?

Posted by Anil Kumar on 10-Dec-2014 07:47

Hi bal,

Using current approach we cannot fetch multiple records and the read service takes single value for fetching the record from the Rollbase backend.

I would suggest to log an enhancement request for this behavior.

Thanks and Regards,

Anil Kumar.

Posted by bal on 10-Dec-2014 08:34

Hi Anil,

Thanks for the reply. Is it possible to use another REST call (self made??) to retrieve some records within Rollbase Mobile based on a selectquery API?

Posted by Harrie Kuijper on 10-Dec-2014 08:44

I have - sort of - the same issue described in this topic: (getting multiple entities)

community.progress.com/.../14792.aspx

I've filed a ticket about it and I will share the info if there is a resolution.

This thread is closed