REST service

Posted by Andrew Stalker on 02-Dec-2014 02:56

I've created a mobile rest service in developer studio.

When I enter the URL and request headers to invoke the service I get the following error returned from the tomcat server:

"Access to the specified resource has been forbidden"

I have not restricted anything myself, and not sure why its started to do this. Other services I have created appear to be working fine.

All Replies

Posted by prmundra on 02-Dec-2014 06:16

Hi Andrew,

The rest services resides in a web-app which typically have the URL pattern
Once you publish the rest service, accessing below mentioned URL should present you with respective response

Response:
REST Adapter

Response:
WADL output or a JSON output specifying your mapping details

Please let us know what you get as response while accessing above URLS.

[collapse]
From: Andrew Stalker [mailto:bounce-ajstalker14@community.progress.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2014 2:27 PM
To: TU.Mobile@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - Mobile] REST service

Thread created by Andrew Stalker

I've created a mobile rest service in developer studio.

When I enter the URL and request headers to invoke the service I get the following error returned from the tomcat server:

"Access to the specified resource has been forbidden"

I have not restricted anything myself, and not sure why its started to do this. Other services I have created appear to be working fine.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by Andrew Stalker on 02-Dec-2014 08:05

with the use of "http://<hostname>:<port>/<RestServiceName>/rest" i was able to find an error.

For some reason the service was pointing to a nonexistent appserver "restbroker1"

I think this keeps getting reset from somewhere, but im not sure where. once i change this back to the correct appserver it works correctly.

Posted by Irfan on 02-Dec-2014 08:18

Hi Andrew,

Do you change the appserver configuration in runtime.props inside the REST Web Application before deployment or after deployment to the webserver

This thread is closed