Restoring a mobile app created in appery into appdesigner

Posted by jimgelly on 23-Nov-2014 20:40

Hello,

We created an app back in 11.2 when the mobile app designer was hosted by appery.io

We would like to re-estabish this app in 11.4 using the new appdesigner.

We can restore the project into PDSOE ok.

Is there a way we can restore the backed up/exported app into the rollbase mobile designer or are they so different it can not be done with a restore?

Any feedback is appreciated.

All Replies

Posted by jimgelly on 23-Nov-2014 20:40

>> oh

Kind Regards

Jim

Posted by Anil Kumar on 23-Nov-2014 23:07

Hi Jim,

During 11.2 the Mobile App Builder for PDS OE (or OE-Mobile) used was mobile.rollbase.com and starting from 11.4 release of OE-Mobile (or OpenEdge) it is changed to appdesigner.rollbase.com (Rollbase Mobile). However, the applications created in mobile.rollbase.com (prior 11.4) should be implicitly available in the appdesigner.rollbase.com.

Do you observe any apps missing?

Yes, we can create new mobile apps in appdesigner.rollbase.com using the backups that were created in mobile.rollbase.com

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

[collapse]
We created an app back in 11.2 when the mobile app designer was hosted by appery.io

We would like to re-estabish this app in 11.4 using the new appdesigner.

We can restore the project into PDSOE ok.

Is there a way we can restore the backed up/exported app into the rollbase mobile designer or are they so different it can not be done with a restore?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Posted by Phillip Molly Malone on 23-Nov-2014 23:17

Hi Jim,

Someone might have more experience, but I think if you have a backup of it, you should be able to load it back. If it was still in your account, the project should have come across and it should explain how to upgrade it.

HTH

Posted by jimgelly on 23-Nov-2014 23:29

Thank you for the input - yes it restored into Appdesigner and worked.

Thanks

Jim.

Posted by Anil Kumar on 23-Nov-2014 23:45

In 11.2 it is not mobile.rollbase.com it is mobile.progress.com

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks and Regards,

Anil Kumar.

This thread is closed