PNS - Question

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 29-Oct-2014 15:13

It appears the PNS only supports up to 200 characters for the message. I imagine that is due to the 256 byte limit for the payload on iOS7 and earlier. Are there any plans on increasing this? iOS8 appears to support up to 2KB.

Posted by pantipov on 14-Nov-2014 09:54

You are right, prior to iOS 8 and in OS X, the maximum payload size is 256 bytes and that’s why now the maximum length for PN is 200 characters. As to the plans to increase message length in the future, I can’t answer you right now. I have to discuss it with our product manager and prioritize this issue. We will certainly take into account your request as every user is very important for us.

All Replies

Posted by pantipov on 14-Nov-2014 09:54

You are right, prior to iOS 8 and in OS X, the maximum payload size is 256 bytes and that’s why now the maximum length for PN is 200 characters. As to the plans to increase message length in the future, I can’t answer you right now. I have to discuss it with our product manager and prioritize this issue. We will certainly take into account your request as every user is very important for us.

Posted by Shelley Chase on 14-Nov-2014 11:17

Hi Roger,

Do you see a true need for more than 200 characters or is this an academic question?

I am not sure that a long message would be that useful.

Thanks

-Shelley

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 14-Nov-2014 12:52

Well yes...maybe not the size ios8 supports but bigger than 200. We have already exceeded the size on numerous occasions so we now just grab the first 200 of the message we are trying to send. We are actually send realtime POS alerts that include enough info to be useful.

Roger Blanchard
Sent from my mobile device

On Nov 14, 2014, at 12:24 PM, schase <bounce-schase@community.progress.com> wrote:

Reply by schase

Hi Roger,

Do you see a true need for more than 200 characters or is this an academic question?

I am not sure that a long message would be that useful.

Thanks

-Shelley

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

This thread is closed