How to read values from "Select" Component in Roll

Posted by mvergara on 28-Oct-2014 14:28

I am using the ‘Select’ component  in RB Mobile and there are (2) variables that I could invoke in a java script, (label and Value). I am able to invoke the ‘Value’ to get the info. But can’t invoke the ‘Label’?

How can I invoke the Label to get its content in a java script ?  I am trying to capture the Label info. To store it in a local variable to write back to the record in the Object in RB from RB Mobile.

Thank you for your help.
Manny.

All Replies

Posted by Anil Kumar on 28-Oct-2014 15:20

Hi Manny,

Use following code snippet to get the selected label name from the ‘Select’ component. This can be invoked on ‘Value change’ event of Select component in Mobile App Builder.

                var mySelectLabel = Progress("mySelectMenu").find(":selected").text();
alert(mySelectLabel);

For Retrieving Value associated to label:

                var mySelectval = Progress("mySelectMenu").find(":selected").val();
alert(mySelectval);

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

[collapse]
I am using the ‘Select’ component  in RB Mobile and there are (2) variables that I could invoke in a java script, (label and Value). I am able to invoke the ‘Value’ to get the info. But can’t invoke the ‘Label’?

How can I invoke the Label to get its content in a java script ?  I am trying to capture the Label info. To store it in a local variable to write back to the record in the Object in RB from RB Mobile.

Thank you for your help.
Manny.

Posted by mvergara on 28-Oct-2014 16:45

Thanks Anil,