Push Registration

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 21-Oct-2014 11:14

When enabling push notifications for a mobile app the device is registered with the PNS when first launched. You can see the device in the devices collection. When you uninstall the mobile app shouldn't this device be unregistered automatically? If not then you have a device in the devices collection that will never be deleted. Also, if you install the app a second time the deviceID is different so you will have another entry for the same device.

All Replies

Posted by Shelley Chase on 21-Oct-2014 11:22

Good point and that sounds logical to me. I will pass this questions on to the engineering team.

Thanks

-Shelley

Posted by Anil Kumar on 21-Oct-2014 14:31

Hi Roger,

I assume we also need to invoke Unregister REST API as part of the uninstalling the mobile app or unsubscribing from Push which will remove the entry from the associated Push database.

psh039

Request:

psh122

X-Progress-App-Id is a unique identifier of the Mobile App.
deviceID is a unique device identifier.

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

[collapse]