Application Cache

Posted by Andrew Stalker on 07-Oct-2014 07:27

Is there a way to cache a mobile app (Made with appbuilder / rollbase) in the browser. I.E. using the application cache features of HTML5?

Posted by Andrew Stalker on 20-Oct-2014 06:02

After doing some digging I have found the only way to add application cache features to a mobile appbuilder project  is to manually create a cache.manifest file and list all the files that the completed application will use. In addition to this, all html pages will need to be manually edited in developer studio to include the link to the manifest file.

NOTE: when editing the app in appbuilder and then copying source files to your local machine the manifest file will be removed as the local source is refreshed. It is probably therefore best to wait until the application is finished before creating a manifest file.

All Replies

Posted by bronco on 07-Oct-2014 08:32
Posted by Andrew Stalker on 20-Oct-2014 06:02

After doing some digging I have found the only way to add application cache features to a mobile appbuilder project  is to manually create a cache.manifest file and list all the files that the completed application will use. In addition to this, all html pages will need to be manually edited in developer studio to include the link to the manifest file.

NOTE: when editing the app in appbuilder and then copying source files to your local machine the manifest file will be removed as the local source is refreshed. It is probably therefore best to wait until the application is finished before creating a manifest file.

This thread is closed