404 Error

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 09-Sep-2014 08:22

Does anyone know what oeping is? All my apps will call this automatically and the result is a 404 error. It does not appear to cause any issues but was wondering why it is being called.

  1. Remote Address:
    173.162.144.245:8980
  2. Request URL:
    http://eastcoast.ospreyretailsystems.com:8980/MyHostService/rest/_oeping?_ts=141026864-2682666243-3
  3. Request Method:
    GET
  4. Status Code:
    404 Not Found
  5. Request Headersview source
  1. Accept:
    */*
  2. Accept-Encoding:
    gzip,deflate,sdch
  3. Accept-Language:
    en-US,en;q=0.8
  4. Authorization:
    Basic VW5pZnlNb2JpbGU6RnQxN3hYWmE1MDg5OTIzNDYx
  5. Cache-Control:
    no-cache
  6. Connection:
    keep-alive
  7. Host:
    eastcoast.ospreyretailsystems.com:8980
  8. Origin:
    https://appdesigner.rollbase.com
  9. Pragma:
    no-cache
  10. User-Agent:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/37.0.2062.103 Safari/537.36
  • Query String Parametersview sourceview URL encoded
  1. _ts:
    141026864-2682666243-3
  • Response Headersview source
  1. Access-Control-Allow-Credentials:
    true
  2. Access-Control-Allow-Origin:
    https://appdesigner.rollbase.com
  3. Access-Control-Expose-Headers:
    Content-Language, Expires, Last-Modified, Content-Type, X-Client-Context-Id, Pragma, Cache-Control
  4. Content-Length:
    47
  5. Content-Type:
    text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1
  6. Date:
    Tue, 09 Sep 2014 13:17:26 GMT
  7. Server:
    Apache-Coyote/1.1
  8. Set-Cookie:
    JSESSIONID=8CF79314367003B321F913820B49ED89; Path=/MyHostService/; HttpOnly

All Replies

Posted by Anil Kumar on 09-Sep-2014 08:42

Hi rblanchard,

The error about _oeping not being found is essentially a warning and is expected in certain situations and handled by the JSDO client.

This is typically used for online/offline feature functionality which was introduced newly in OpenEdge 11.4 release. Currently the client invokes OE ping (which checks the availability of mobile service) on the server to see if 'ping' exists.  If this is not there, the client handles this situation gracefully.  However, as a side effect there will be an error in the console.  We are handling this in the next release(s).

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

[collapse]
Does anyone know what oeping is? All my apps will call this automatically and the result is a 404 error. It does not appear to cause any issues but was wondering why it is being called.

  1. Remote Address:
173.162.144.245:8980
  1. Request URL:
  1. Request Method:
GET
  1. Status Code:
404 Not Found
  1. Request Headersview source
  1. Accept:
*/*
  1. Accept-Encoding:
gzip,deflate,sdch
  1. Accept-Language:
en-US,en;q=0.8
  1. Authorization:
Basic VW5pZnlNb2JpbGU6RnQxN3hYWmE1MDg5OTIzNDYx
  1. Cache-Control:
no-cache
  1. Connection:
keep-alive
  1. Host:
eastcoast.ospreyretailsystems.com:8980
  1. Origin:
  1. Pragma:
no-cache
  1. User-Agent:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/37.0.2062.103 Safari/537.36
  • Query String Parametersview sourceview URL encoded
  1. _ts:
141026864-2682666243-3
  • Response Headersview source
  1. Access-Control-Allow-Credentials:
true
  1. Access-Control-Allow-Origin:
  1. Access-Control-Expose-Headers:
Content-Language, Expires, Last-Modified, Content-Type, X-Client-Context-Id, Pragma, Cache-Control
  1. Content-Length:
47
  1. Content-Type:
text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1
  1. Date:
Tue, 09 Sep 2014 13:17:26 GMT
  1. Server:
Apache-Coyote/1.1
  1. Set-Cookie:
JSESSIONID=8CF79314367003B321F913820B49ED89; Path=/MyHostService/; HttpOnly

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 09-Sep-2014 08:49

Okay, thanks for the explanation.

Posted by Steve Boucher on 09-Sep-2014 09:14

Hi rblanchard,

Everything that Anil says is correct. For my own curiosity, are you running with a OpenEdge backend AppServer (if yes, what version) or a Rollbase backend?

Thanks,

Steve Boucher

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 09-Sep-2014 09:15

Openedge Appserver version 11.4.

Posted by Steve Boucher on 09-Sep-2014 10:17

Thanks for the info.  Even though the error is benign, you should not be seeing it with an OE 11.4 AppServer. Would you log a bug with Technical Support and supply them the particulars for reproducing the issue? It would be appreciated - thanks again!

Posted by mflanegan on 10-Sep-2014 05:10

Hi there,

I am using version 11.3.2 and I am getting an undefined error alert on my application because of this. Is there a way to get rid of it?

Posted by mflanegan on 11-Sep-2014 01:05

Anyone got any ideas for me to try for my previous post?

Meyrick Flanegan

Developer - Managed Services

Email: mflanegan@elcb.co.za

ELCB Information Services (Pty) Ltd