OE Mobile Site SLOW

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 09-Sep-2014 07:42

Does anyone know if the site is experiencing issues this morning? If you attempt to test app in web browser it is taking up to 5 minutes before app actually runs.

All Replies

Posted by Anil Kumar on 09-Sep-2014 08:51

Hi rblanchard,

I tried to perform Test operation against an application in appdesigner.rollbase.com and it resulted in less than 10 seconds. I have checked this different machines located in APAC and EMEA regions and the response seems quicker. Can you please check once.

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

[collapse]
From: rblanchard [mailto:bounce-rblanchard@community.progress.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2014 6:14 PM
To: TU.Mobile@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - Mobile] OE Mobile Site SLOW

Thread created by rblanchard

Does anyone know if the site is experiencing issues this morning? If you attempt to test app in web browser it is taking up to 5 minutes before app actually runs.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 09-Sep-2014 08:53

I am actually using mobile appbuilder as I type this and ALL my apps do the same thing. It is 3-5 minutes before they will come up to test.

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 09-Sep-2014 09:09

I just spoke to TS and tried again and it is much better now...not sure what the issue was but it is now working fine.

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 10-Sep-2014 15:34

Well, after it appearing to be better yesterday it is back to being slow. I tried two different VM's with same result of being slow,

Now I get the following when attempting to test.

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

com.ocpsoft.pretty.PrettyException: Exception occurred while processing <previewWebSource:#{[com.exadel.tiggzi.preview.HtmlPreviewManager].previewWebSource}> javax.transaction.RollbackException: ARJUNA016053: Could not commit transaction.

com.ocpsoft.pretty.faces.beans.ActionExecutor.executeActions(ActionExecutor.java:71)

com.ocpsoft.pretty.faces.event.PrettyPhaseListener.processEvent(PrettyPhaseListener.java:131)

com.ocpsoft.pretty.faces.event.PrettyPhaseListener.afterPhase(PrettyPhaseListener.java:117)

com.sun.faces.lifecycle.Phase.handleAfterPhase(Phase.java:189)

com.sun.faces.lifecycle.Phase.doPhase(Phase.java:107)

com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RestoreViewPhase.doPhase(RestoreViewPhase.java:116)

com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:118)

javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:593)

com.ocpsoft.pretty.PrettyFilter.doFilter(PrettyFilter.java:126)

com.ocpsoft.pretty.PrettyFilter.doFilter(PrettyFilter.java:118)

com.exadel.tiggzi.security.ResourcePermissionFilter.doFilter(ResourcePermissionFilter.java:101)

root cause

javax.el.ELException: javax.transaction.RollbackException: ARJUNA016053: Could not commit transaction.

org.apache.el.parser.AstValue.invoke(AstValue.java:277)

org.apache.el.MethodExpressionImpl.invoke(MethodExpressionImpl.java:278)

org.jboss.weld.util.el.ForwardingMethodExpression.invoke(ForwardingMethodExpression.java:39)

org.jboss.weld.el.WeldMethodExpression.invoke(WeldMethodExpression.java:50)

com.ocpsoft.pretty.faces.util.FacesElUtils.invokeMethod(FacesElUtils.java:70)

com.ocpsoft.pretty.faces.util.FacesElUtils.invokeMethod(FacesElUtils.java:62)

com.ocpsoft.pretty.faces.beans.ActionExecutor.executeActions(ActionExecutor.java:56)

com.ocpsoft.pretty.faces.event.PrettyPhaseListener.processEvent(PrettyPhaseListener.java:131)

com.ocpsoft.pretty.faces.event.PrettyPhaseListener.afterPhase(PrettyPhaseListener.java:117)

com.exadel.tiggzi.security.ResourcePermissionFilter.doFilter(ResourcePermissionFilter.java:101)

root cause

javax.transaction.RollbackException: ARJUNA016053: Could not commit transaction.

com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.transaction.arjunacore.TransactionImple.commitAndDisassociate(TransactionImple.java:1177)

com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.transaction.arjunacore.BaseTransaction.commit(BaseTransaction.java:117)

com.arjuna.ats.jbossatx.BaseTransactionManagerDelegate.commit(BaseTransactionManagerDelegate.java:75)

org.jboss.tm.usertx.client.ServerVMClientUserTransaction.commit(ServerVMClientUserTransaction.java:167)

org.jboss.seam.transaction.UTTransaction.commit(UTTransaction.java:61)

org.jboss.seam.transaction.DefaultSeamTransaction.commit(DefaultSeamTransaction.java:92)

org.jboss.seam.transaction.Work.workInTransaction(Work.java:67)

org.jboss.seam.transaction.TransactionInterceptor.aroundInvoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:148)

sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor453.invoke(Unknown Source)

sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)

org.jboss.weld.interceptor.proxy.SimpleMethodInvocation.invoke(SimpleMethodInvocation.java:30)

org.jboss.weld.interceptor.proxy.SimpleInterceptionChain.invokeNextInterceptor(SimpleInterceptionChain.java:69)

org.jboss.weld.interceptor.proxy.InterceptorMethodHandler.executeInterception(InterceptorMethodHandler.java:112)

org.jboss.weld.interceptor.proxy.InterceptorMethodHandler.invoke(InterceptorMethodHandler.java:88)

org.jboss.weld.bean.proxy.CombinedInterceptorAndDecoratorStackMethodHandler.invoke(CombinedInterceptorAndDecoratorStackMethodHandler.java:55)

com.exadel.tiggzi.preview.HtmlPreviewManager$Proxy$_$$_WeldSubclass.previewWebSource(HtmlPreviewManager$Proxy$_$$_WeldSubclass.java)

com.exadel.tiggzi.preview.HtmlPreviewManager$Proxy$_$$_WeldClientProxy.previewWebSource(HtmlPreviewManager$Proxy$_$$_WeldClientProxy.java)

sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor6190.invoke(Unknown Source)

sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

org.apache.el.parser.AstValue.invoke(AstValue.java:264)

org.jboss.weld.util.el.ForwardingMethodExpression.invoke(ForwardingMethodExpression.java:39)

com.ocpsoft.pretty.faces.beans.ActionExecutor.executeActions(ActionExecutor.java:56)

root cause

java.lang.Throwable: setRollbackOnly called from:

com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.transaction.arjunacore.TransactionImple.setRollbackOnly(TransactionImple.java:313)

org.jboss.as.ejb3.tx.CMTTxInterceptor.setRollbackOnly(CMTTxInterceptor.java:362)

org.jboss.as.ejb3.tx.CMTTxInterceptor.handleInCallerTx(CMTTxInterceptor.java:144)

org.jboss.as.ejb3.tx.CMTTxInterceptor.invokeInCallerTx(CMTTxInterceptor.java:228)

org.jboss.as.ejb3.tx.CMTTxInterceptor.required(CMTTxInterceptor.java:317)

org.jboss.as.ejb3.tx.CMTTxInterceptor.processInvocation(CMTTxInterceptor.java:214)

org.jboss.invocation.InterceptorContext.proceed(InterceptorContext.java:288)

org.jboss.as.ejb3.component.interceptors.CurrentInvocationContextInterceptor.processInvocation(CurrentInvocationContextInterceptor.java:41)

org.jboss.as.ejb3.component.interceptors.ShutDownInterceptorFactory$1.processInvocation(ShutDownInterceptorFactory.java:42)

org.jboss.as.ejb3.component.interceptors.LoggingInterceptor.processInvocation(LoggingInterceptor.java:59)

org.jboss.as.ee.component.NamespaceContextInterceptor.processInvocation(NamespaceContextInterceptor.java:50)

org.jboss.as.ejb3.component.interceptors.AdditionalSetupInterceptor.processInvocation(AdditionalSetupInterceptor.java:32)

org.jboss.as.ee.component.TCCLInterceptor.processInvocation(TCCLInterceptor.java:45)

org.jboss.invocation.ChainedInterceptor.processInvocation(ChainedInterceptor.java:61)

org.jboss.as.ee.component.ViewService$View.invoke(ViewService.java:165)

org.jboss.as.ee.component.ViewDescription$1.processInvocation(ViewDescription.java:182)

org.jboss.invocation.ChainedInterceptor.processInvocation(ChainedInterceptor.java:61)

org.jboss.as.ee.component.ProxyInvocationHandler.invoke(ProxyInvocationHandler.java:72)

com.exadel.tiggzi.services.AssetService$$$view59.loadAndUnmarshalAssets(Unknown Source)

com.exadel.tiggzi.export.provider.AbstractResourceBuilder.unmarshal(AbstractResourceBuilder.java:326)

com.exadel.tiggzi.export.provider.jqm.JQMResourceBuilder.getContext(JQMResourceBuilder.java:138)

com.exadel.tiggzi.export.provider.jqm.JQMResourceBuilder.feedScreens(JQMResourceBuilder.java:174)

com.exadel.tiggzi.export.provider.AbstractResourceBuilder.generate(AbstractResourceBuilder.java:245)

com.exadel.tiggzi.export.provider.jqm.JQMResourceBuilder$Proxy$_$$_WeldClientProxy.generate(JQMResourceBuilder$Proxy$_$$_WeldClientProxy.java)

com.exadel.tiggzi.preview.HtmlPreviewManager.previewWebSource(HtmlPreviewManager.java:126)

com.exadel.tiggzi.preview.HtmlPreviewManager$Proxy$_$$_WeldSubclass.previewWebSource(HtmlPreviewManager$Proxy$_$$_WeldSubclass.java)

sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor6191.invoke(Unknown Source)

org.jboss.weld.interceptor.proxy.SimpleInterceptionChain.invokeNextInterceptor(SimpleInterceptionChain.java:85)

org.jboss.weld.interceptor.proxy.InterceptorInvocationContext.proceed(InterceptorInvocationContext.java:127)

org.jboss.seam.transaction.TransactionInterceptor$1.work(TransactionInterceptor.java:152)

org.jboss.seam.transaction.Work.workInTransaction(Work.java:49)

org.jboss.seam.transaction.TransactionInterceptor.aroundInvoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:148)

sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor453.invoke(Unknown Source)

org.jboss.weld.interceptor.proxy.SimpleMethodInvocation.invoke(SimpleMethodInvocation.java:30)

org.jboss.weld.interceptor.proxy.SimpleInterceptionChain.invokeNextInterceptor(SimpleInterceptionChain.java:69)

org.jboss.weld.interceptor.proxy.InterceptorMethodHandler.executeInterception(InterceptorMethodHandler.java:112)

org.jboss.weld.interceptor.proxy.InterceptorMethodHandler.invoke(InterceptorMethodHandler.java:88)

org.jboss.weld.bean.proxy.CombinedInterceptorAndDecoratorStackMethodHandler.invoke(CombinedInterceptorAndDecoratorStackMethodHandler.java:55)

com.exadel.tiggzi.preview.HtmlPreviewManager$Proxy$_$$_WeldClientProxy.previewWebSource(HtmlPreviewManager$Proxy$_$$_WeldClientProxy.java)

sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor6190.invoke(Unknown Source)

org.apache.el.parser.AstValue.invoke(AstValue.java:264)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the JBoss Web/7.0.17.Final logs.

JBoss Web/7.0.17.Final

Posted by RJPowell on 11-Sep-2014 05:49

Also getting the same issue here.  Everything you do takes an inordinate amount of time, that's assuming that it even responds to you at all.

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 11-Sep-2014 06:54

Late yesterday I left it for an hour opening a page. When I returned it was still opening the page. I had to close chrome and now my project appears to be corrupt. It is missing 8 pages!!

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 11-Sep-2014 07:25

This morning I cannot get into appbuilder. I get "Error of loading common project info service" after logging in. If I click OK the error goes away but the mobile appbuilder screen is grey.

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 16-Sep-2014 07:42

I am just wondering if anyone is actually using MAB except me. Since last Wednesday it has gone from the MAB being slow, to waiting 5 minutes before being able to test, to this morning i cannot save ANY project when I make a change. I am getting ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT as well internal server errors.

Does anyone at Progress know when this will be fixed?

Posted by RJPowell on 16-Sep-2014 07:54

I have a support case open for it at the moment, I'm getting the same issues.  They're still looking into it apparently.

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 16-Sep-2014 08:16

I have a case open as well...thanks. I just wanted to make sure it was not just me.

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 16-Sep-2014 09:09

RJ,

Can you please send me a backup of your project?  Send it to maher@progress.com.

Thanks, Brian Maher

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 16-Sep-2014 12:40

Robin,

Please check and let me if performance is better.

Thanks, Brian

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 16-Sep-2014 13:27

Brian,

I spent about 30 minutes in the MAB. Saving is faster and I can test app...takes about 20 seconds to run.

after 30 minutes the pages would take a while to open. Once opened it would take a bit longer before I could make an actual change.

Posted by RJPowell on 17-Sep-2014 05:16

Brian, performance is a lot better for me also.

Thanks.

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 17-Sep-2014 08:12

Thanks for letting me know Robin.  Please post again if the problem pops back up.

Posted by andrew.may on 17-Sep-2014 09:03

Brian,  

Is there any info on what caused this & why it took the best part of a week to resolve?

We're sizing up our options for mobile dev & this issue (+ the fact that the move to rollbase broke MAB for OE11.3.1) hasn't filled us with a lot of confidence.

Posted by landron on 17-Sep-2014 09:50

Hi, this was a difficult problem to track down.  We found a workaround and set up a process to ensure that the issue will not arise again. However we are still researching the actual problem causing the slowdown. We'll resolve it as soon as possible.  Customers should not be experiencing long log login times, please let us know if you do.

Posted by Shelley Chase on 17-Sep-2014 10:47

Hi Andrew,

I understand your concern. Many customers did not experience a performance problems. There was something with the project that caused errors and JBoss reacted badly. As Lee said we are still trying to narrow down the circumstances.

I agree that this should not have taken this long and we are working with tech support on a way to escalate customer down issues to the right people. I am new to this whole cloud thing ;-)

As far as 11.3.1 goes, you should be able to just update your development machines to 11.3.2 and apply the service pack. The mobile app will work fine with an 11.3.1 server. HTH

Thanks

-Shelley

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 17-Sep-2014 10:53

Hi Andrew,

I hope Shelley's response provided the info you needed.

Brian

Posted by andrew.may on 17-Sep-2014 11:23

Brian/Shelley,

Thanks for the update.

It still doesn't fill me with confidence in MAB as the best way for us to develop mobile apps.

We've been unable to develop this project for a week.

Luckily, it's a pilot proof-of-concept project & so this outage has been frustrating rather than a killer.

If this app had been deployed & we had a show-stopping bug to fix, then this delay could have cost us a lot.

P.S. the reason for us not being able to go to 11.3.2 is that we had just finished certifying 11.3.1 with our package when we deployed to a lot of customer sites.

Regression testing 11.3.2 is an expense that we can't justify at the moment & we don't want devs & customers on different releases.

This seems a fairly reasonable thing to do & I was surprised that the 11.3.1 MAB was broken without any notice or warning.

Posted by Shelley Chase on 17-Sep-2014 11:53

Hi Andrew,

I wanted to make sure you understand that you would not need to change your OE application at all and could stay on 11.3.1 for all development. As a workaround you can go directly to the MAB at appdesigner.rollbase.com and generate you apps outside of PDSOE.

Thanks

-Shelley

This thread is closed