Can't upload iOS developer certificate to MAB

Posted by johncat on 08-Sep-2014 06:18

I am trying to deploy my app to a real device for the first time.  I try to upload the developer certificate, but I get the error message 'It seems uploaded file "ios_development.cer" has bad extension' and the file is not uploaded.  Do I just need to change the name (if so, to what?) or am I doing something else wrong?

Thanks

Posted by egarcia on 08-Sep-2014 06:32

Hello,

You need to a p12 file.

You can get the p12 file by importing the certificate into the Keychain Access application on a Mac and then exporting the certificate as a p12 file. At this time you would specify a password.

The following links have information on this process:

help.adobe.com/.../WS144092a96ffef7cc-371badff126abc17b1f-7fff.html

support.magplus.com/.../20822178-iOS-Create-your-Distribution-Certificate-and-p12-file

I hope this helps.

All Replies

Posted by Anil Kumar on 08-Sep-2014 06:28

Hi,

We need to provide ‘.p12’ file as the input file for the certificate file under ‘Appsettings’ section in Mobile App Builder.

Following are the set of fields that are required for building an iOS (.IPA) file from Mobile App Builder.

Bundle ID                            :              com.<organization name>.<Application Name>
Label                                     :              <Application Name>
Certificate file                    :             <cert>.p12
Certificate Password      :              <password>
Provisioning profile file  :             <provfile>.mobileprovision

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

[collapse]
From: johncat [mailto:bounce-johncat@community.progress.com]
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2014 4:50 PM
To: TU.Mobile@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - Mobile] Can't upload iOS developer certificate to MAB

Thread created by johncat

I am trying to deploy my app to a real device for the first time.  I try to upload the developer certificate, but I get the error message 'It seems uploaded file "ios_development.cer" has bad extension' and the file is not uploaded.  Do I just need to change the name (if so, to what?) or am I doing something else wrong?

Thanks

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by egarcia on 08-Sep-2014 06:32

Hello,

You need to a p12 file.

You can get the p12 file by importing the certificate into the Keychain Access application on a Mac and then exporting the certificate as a p12 file. At this time you would specify a password.

The following links have information on this process:

help.adobe.com/.../WS144092a96ffef7cc-371badff126abc17b1f-7fff.html

support.magplus.com/.../20822178-iOS-Create-your-Distribution-Certificate-and-p12-file

I hope this helps.

Posted by johncat on 08-Sep-2014 06:34

Thanks, that's what I was missing.  I was just trying to upload the cert I'd downloaded from iOS Developer Centre.

Regards,

John

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 08-Sep-2014 07:10

You can also create a p12 file in windows. The following is a link to a you tube video that demonstrates how to do this.

www.youtube.com/watch

This thread is closed