OpenEdge Mobile hotfix for new Mobile App Builder location

Posted by RJPowell on 05-Sep-2014 05:20

Morning,

I have come back to a mobile project that has been dormant for a while today, and was taken to a page informing me that a Hotfix was needed for OpenEdge in order to access the Mobile App Builder in a new location.  The downloads page only has this hotfix for OE 11.3.2, whereas we are running 11.3.1.  As this is the release our products currently in the field use, we are unable to upgrade to service pack 2 at this time.  Does anyone know if a hotfix for 11.3.1 was ever available, and where I could find it if it were.  Alternately, is there a way to get the Developer Studio talking to the mobile site in the new location without installing the hotfix.

Thanks,

Robin

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 05-Sep-2014 05:36

Hi Robin,

Currently Hot fix is available for OE 11.3.2 only. I think in order to work with Mobile functionality you have to upgrade to 11.3.2 and then have to apply hot fix. There is no other alternate way to communicate with Mobile App Builder rather than applying hot fix. If you want to use mobile app builder directly from browser , you can go to http://appdesigner.rollbase.com

Hope this helps,
Sanjeev.

[collapse]
From: RJPowell [mailto:bounce-RJPowell@community.progress.com]
Sent: 05 September 2014 PM 03:52
To: TU.Mobile@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - Mobile] OpenEdge Mobile hotfix for new Mobile App Builder location

Thread created by RJPowell

Morning,

I have come back to a mobile project that has been dormant for a while today, and was taken to a page informing me that a Hotfix was needed for OpenEdge in order to access the Mobile App Builder in a new location.  The downloads page only has this hotfix for OE 11.3.2, whereas we are running 11.3.1.  As this is the release our products currently in the field use, we are unable to upgrade to service pack 2 at this time.  Does anyone know if a hotfix for 11.3.1 was ever available, and where I could find it if it were.  Alternately, is there a way to get the Developer Studio talking to the mobile site in the new location without installing the hotfix.

Thanks,

Robin

Posted by mflanegan on 05-Sep-2014 05:33

Hi There

I had the same problem and unfortunately we had to upgrade to version 11.3.2 to use the hotfix. As far as I know the only way that you would be able to access the builder for now, would be too go directly to https://appdesigner.rollbase.com.

Meyrick Flanegan

Developer - Managed Services

Email: mflanegan@elcb.co.za

ELCB Information Services (Pty) Ltd

Customer Service Email  elcb@elcb.co.za · www.elcb.co.za

E A S T  L O N D O N

Tel: +27(43)  704 0700

Fax: +27(43) 704 0701

J O H A N N E S B U R G

Tel: +27(11) 879 6179

Fax: +27(11) 454 0384

P O R T  E L I Z A B E T H

Tel: +27(41) 373 0529

Fax: +27(86) 650 0135

Disclaimer

[collapse]

I have come back to a mobile project that has been dormant for a while today, and was taken to a page informing me that a Hotfix was needed for OpenEdge in order to access the Mobile App Builder in a new location.  The downloads page only has this hotfix for OE 11.3.2, whereas we are running 11.3.1.  As this is the release our products currently in the field use, we are unable to upgrade to service pack 2 at this time.  Does anyone know if a hotfix for 11.3.1 was ever available, and where I could find it if it were.  Alternately, is there a way to get the Developer Studio talking to the mobile site in the new location without installing the hotfix.

Thanks,

Robin

Posted by RJPowell on 05-Sep-2014 05:50

Thanks guys, if that's how it is, I guess we'll just have to work with it.

This thread is closed