Services not displaying in builder

Posted by mflanegan on 01-Sep-2014 03:21

Hi,

I have created a new application. I am trying to create a service. I loaded the json in and selected the file i needed but now it is not showing under services in the sidebar of the app builder. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

All Replies

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 01-Sep-2014 04:28

Hi Meyrick,

I have a quick question, Have you seen message (something like ‘Created <n> Services’) after creating services in Mobile App Builder? If you are able to see this message then all the services in that particular json file will be shown under Services node in Mobile App Builder.

Hope this helps,
Sanjeev.

[collapse]
From: mflanegan [mailto:bounce-mflanegan@community.progress.com]
Sent: 01 September 2014 PM 01:52
To: TU.Mobile@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - Mobile] Services not displaying in builder

Thread created by mflanegan

Hi,

I have created a new application. I am trying to create a service. I loaded the json in and selected the file i needed but now it is not showing under services in the sidebar of the app builder. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Posted by Anil Kumar on 01-Sep-2014 04:47

Hi mflanegan,

Can you please share the catalog (JSON) file that you are trying to upload for the generation of JSDO services.

Also, 1) Is this for the first time creation of services or the incremental update if JSDO services to an existing application.

2) Do you observe any specific information related to set of resources available in the given catalog file soon after the upload is done (and after selecting the catalog file)

3) Do you observe confirmation message stating set of services created?

Please find attached screen shot for reference

Thanks and Regards,

Anil Kumar.

Posted by mflanegan on 01-Sep-2014 04:58

Hi

This is a brand new app and this is the first time I am adding services to it.

The business entities are working correctly and showing the set of services created but the ABL Procedure (.p) will not create when I select it from the json.

Meyrick Flanegan

Developer - Managed Services

Email: mflanegan@elcb.co.za

ELCB Information Services (Pty) Ltd

Customer Service Email  elcb@elcb.co.za · www.elcb.co.za

E A S T  L O N D O N

Tel: +27(43)  704 0700

Fax: +27(43) 704 0701

J O H A N N E S B U R G

Tel: +27(11) 879 6179

Fax: +27(11) 454 0384

P O R T  E L I Z A B E T H

Tel: +27(41) 373 0529

Fax: +27(86) 650 0135

Disclaimer

[collapse]
Can you please share the catalog (JSON) file that you are trying to upload for the generation of JSDO services.

Also, 1) Is this for the first time creation of services or the incremental update if JSDO services to an existing application.

2) Do you observe any specific information related to set of resources available in the given catalog file soon after the upload is done (and after selecting the catalog file)

3) Do you observe confirmation message stating set of services created?

Please find attached screen shot for reference

Thanks and Regards,

Anil Kumar.

Posted by QBcon_Mobi on 01-Sep-2014 07:08

Also trying to UPDATE a services  just NOW and it is not working.

I have deleted the services , re-create , still nothing ,    ( tells me 3 services was created but services is not there.)

Posted by mflanegan on 02-Sep-2014 01:03

Has anyone got a way around this? This is quite urgent.

Thanks in advance.

Meyrick Flanegan

Developer - Managed Services

Email: mflanegan@elcb.co.za

ELCB Information Services (Pty) Ltd

Customer Service Email  elcb@elcb.co.za · www.elcb.co.za

E A S T  L O N D O N

Tel: +27(43)  704 0700

Fax: +27(43) 704 0701

J O H A N N E S B U R G

Tel: +27(11) 879 6179

Fax: +27(11) 454 0384

P O R T  E L I Z A B E T H

Tel: +27(41) 373 0529

Fax: +27(86) 650 0135

Disclaimer

[collapse]
Also trying to UPDATE a services  just NOW and it is not working.

I have deleted the services , re-create , still nothing ,    ( tells me 3 services was created but services is not there.)

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 02-Sep-2014 01:07

Hi Meyrick,

Can you please attach the catalog (json) file you have used in Mobile App?

Regards,
Sanjeev.

[collapse]

Also trying to UPDATE a services  just NOW and it is not working.

I have deleted the services , re-create , still nothing ,    ( tells me 3 services was created but services is not there.)

[/collapse][/collapse]

Posted by mflanegan on 02-Sep-2014 01:17

Hi

I have attached the json as a txt. Please change the extension to .json when you save it.

thanks.

Posted by Anil Kumar on 02-Sep-2014 04:21

Hi Meyrick,

There seems to be an issue here and we are investigating on this. There seems to be an issue when the resource has only invoke methods in it. i..e, the JSDO services creation works fine with only CRUD and CRUD+Invoke methods.

If it is OK as a workaround can you  please skip selecting the resource 'beUserLogin' during the JSDO services creation in 'Select resources' dialog which is shown soon after importing the JSON file. This will create JSDO services for remaining two services beSchool' and 'bePods'

Thanks and Regards,

Anil Kumar.

Posted by mflanegan on 02-Sep-2014 04:27

Please can someone notify me once this has been sorted as I do need to use the userLogin service.

[...]

Posted by mflanegan on 02-Sep-2014 08:39

Hi Anil

I have create a Business Entity with an invoke method and I am still not able to create the service in the app builder.

Regards,

[...]

Posted by egarcia on 02-Sep-2014 09:35

Hello,

Anil and I have discussed this issue about importing the catalog in the Mobile App Builder.

The issue seems to happen when you have a Business Entity with only invoke methods.

A possible workaround is to add a temp-table (perhaps with one field) to the Business Entity so that other methods (at least READ) are created. This should allow the Mobile App Builder to import the catalog.

Could you try this out?

FYI, a bug report has been filed for this issue.

Thank you and regards.

Posted by mflanegan on 03-Sep-2014 01:17

Hi there,

I have done just that. I have a temp-table, I have created the CRUD methods and added an invoke method to the business entity. The mobile app builder is still not importing the catalog.

Kind Regards,

Meyrick Flanegan

Developer - Managed Services

Email: mflanegan@elcb.co.za

ELCB Information Services (Pty) Ltd

Customer Service Email  elcb@elcb.co.za · www.elcb.co.za

E A S T  L O N D O N

Tel: +27(43)  704 0700

Fax: +27(43) 704 0701

J O H A N N E S B U R G

Tel: +27(11) 879 6179

Fax: +27(11) 454 0384

P O R T  E L I Z A B E T H

Tel: +27(41) 373 0529

Fax: +27(86) 650 0135

Disclaimer

[collapse]
Anil and I have discussed this issue importing the catalog in the Mobile App Builder.

The issue seems to happen when you have a Business Entity with only invoke methods.

A possible workaround is to add a temp-table (perhaps with one field) to the Business Entity so that other methods (at least READ) are created. This should allow the Mobile App Builder to import the catalog.

Could you try this out?

FYI, a bug report has been filed for this issue.

Thank you and regards.

Posted by Anil Kumar on 03-Sep-2014 03:08

Hi Meyrick,

I have a quick question, do you find schema attribute (schema":) in the generated catalog under resource beUserLogin? I have attached sample catalogs which are working properly and possess both CRUD operations along with Invoke operation. Also, attached catalog file of yours with a schema definition in it in the Invoke operation for which the JSDO services are created properly.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

[collapse]

Anil and I have discussed this issue importing the catalog in the Mobile App Builder.

The issue seems to happen when you have a Business Entity with only invoke methods.

A possible workaround is to add a temp-table (perhaps with one field) to the Business Entity so that other methods (at least READ) are created. This should allow the Mobile App Builder to import the catalog.

Could you try this out?

FYI, a bug report has been filed for this issue.

Thank you and regards.

[/collapse][/collapse]

Posted by mflanegan on 03-Sep-2014 03:38

Hi Anil,

Where are the attachments?

Posted by Anil Kumar on 03-Sep-2014 03:55

Hi Meyrick,
I think the attachments were ignored because of .json extension. I have attached both files with .txt extension please change them to .json.
Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.