Mobile App Builder Website

Posted by mflanegan on 27-Aug-2014 01:59

Ive downloaded the new patch for OE Developer and extracted the files. The Developer studio is still looking at the old mobile app builder website, how do I correct this?

Posted by egarcia on 28-Aug-2014 11:30

Hello Meyrick,

Thank you for your time to look at this issue together. I am glad that the project worked just fine after adding the Session Service and calling the new services.

Here is a summary of the issue and its resolution in case that others run into this issue.

The Mobile project was created in Mobile App Builder 9.0 and contained the MobileService_Login, MobileService_Logout and MobileService_Settings entries in Services. The implementation code for these services used SessionLogin.js and SessionLogout.js (the code for these services was inline).

When the project was upgraded to use the latest features, a new version of SessionLogin.js and SessionLogout.js was provided (the code for these services use a wrapper code that calls an object with the implementation).

However, since the old services were still in used, it was trying to use the new version of the code and would fail with the message:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'serviceSettings' of undefined progress.mobile.3.0.js:671

To resolve this issue you would either need the following:

1) Old version of the code.

2) Add a new Session Service.

Prior to the upgrade, you could have renamed the old implementation files so that the old services would continue working.

We have added a note mentioning about this to the upgrade steps:

docs.mobile.rollbase.com/.../upgrading-an-existing-mobile-app

Since the project was already upgrade the adding a new Session Service was the best approach.

To add a new Session Service you could do the following:

1) Add a new Session Service using New->Sesssion Service.

2) Use the upgrade steps "Adding Session Service and Login Page to Upgraded Mobile Apps".

These steps are now documented in the upgrade page and also in the wiki:

community.progress.com/.../2186.openedge-mobile-white-papers.aspx

Option #2, with the white paper, guides you through adding a new Session Service and Login page that can be used as examples.

Because you already had a LoginPage in your project it was easier to use that option #1 with your LoginPage and set the SessionService_Settings (Catalog URIs and Service URI) and usage of the Session Service, Login Service and Logout Services.

The Session Service needs to be called first, then the Login and Logout Services need to be called (generally from a button), and call then the JSDO Service.

The document "Adding Session Service and Login Page to Upgraded Mobile Apps", mentioned above, talks about this.

The white paper on how to build a Mobile app from the Phone App template also talks about this:

community.progress.com/.../9823.aspx

When using the new implementation files, old MobileService_Login and MobileService_Logout are no longer need and would continue  to throw the exception. These must be deleted.

Thank you and regards.

All Replies

Posted by Anil Kumar on 27-Aug-2014 02:09

Hi mflanegan,

Can you please check for the properties file update in your installation location.

The properties file is located at : C:\Progress\OpenEdge\oeide\eclipse\plugins\com.progress.openedge.pdt.oemobile.designer_<Release>\plugin.properties. The ‘plugin.properties’ file contains an URL entry to the properties location on S3 cloud. Here is the URL: http://mobile-pdsoe.s3.amazonaws.com/oemobile_<xx>.properties

Are you using the old workspace i.e., which you have used to work with earlier OE-Mobile (mobile.progress.com)? Can you also please check if it is same behavior in a fresh workspace.

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

[collapse]
From: mflanegan [mailto:bounce-mflanegan@community.progress.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 12:30 PM
To: TU.Mobile@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - Mobile] Mobile App Builder Website

Thread created by mflanegan

Ive downloaded the new patch for OE Developer and extracted the files. The Developer studio is still looking at the old mobile app builder website, how do I correct this?

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by mflanegan on 27-Aug-2014 03:24

Hi Anil,

I sorted the problem out. Thanks for your fast response.

Meyrick Flanegan

Developer - Managed Services

Email: mflanegan@elcb.co.za

ELCB Information Services (Pty) Ltd

Customer Service Email  elcb@elcb.co.za · www.elcb.co.za

E A S T  L O N D O N

Tel: +27(43)  704 0700

Fax: +27(43) 704 0701

J O H A N N E S B U R G

Tel: +27(11) 879 6179

Fax: +27(11) 454 0384

P O R T  E L I Z A B E T H

Tel: +27(41) 373 0529

Fax: +27(86) 650 0135

Disclaimer

[collapse]
From: Anil Kumar [mailto:bounce-anikumar@community.progress.com]
Sent: 27 August 2014 09:10 AM
Subject: RE: [Technical Users - Mobile] Mobile App Builder Website

Reply by Anil Kumar
Hi mflanegan,

Can you please check for the properties file update in your installation location.

The properties file is located at : C:\Progress\OpenEdge\oeide\eclipse\plugins\com.progress.openedge.pdt.oemobile.designer_<Release>\plugin.properties. The ‘plugin.properties’ file contains an URL entry to the properties location on S3 cloud. Here is the URL: http://mobile-pdsoe.s3.amazonaws.com/oemobile_<xx>.properties

Are you using the old workspace i.e., which you have used to work with earlier OE-Mobile (mobile.progress.com)? Can you also please check if it is same behavior in a fresh workspace.

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

[collapse]
From: mflanegan [mailto:bounce-mflanegan@community.progress.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 12:30 PM
Subject: [Technical Users - Mobile] Mobile App Builder Website

Thread created by mflanegan

[/collapse][/collapse]

Posted by mflanegan on 27-Aug-2014 05:00

Hi Anil,

Ive update the OE Developer studio correctly now but now my mobile app will not work like it used to, when i try test it.

I am getting this error:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'serviceSettings' of undefined progress.mobile.3.0.js:671

init progress.mobile.3.0.js:671

$t.SessionLogin.$t.createClass.init SessionLogin.js:18

derived appery.js:161

(anonymous function)

Do you perhaps know what is causing this?

Thanks in advance.

Posted by egarcia on 27-Aug-2014 06:30

Hello,

Just a quick suggestion.

It looks like the project is using the latest version of the Progress JavaScript files. However, the Session Service that it is using has the format of an old version.

Did you upgrade the project in the Mobile App Builder to use the latest features?

Did you update the Session Service to match the new version? (See document adding Session Service and Login Page to Upgraded Mobile Apps.)

Before upgrading a project, you can do a backup and/or create a project version.

The following links have information on upgrading a project:

If you still have issues after looking at this, you could share the project with me or Technical Support and we can take a look.

I hope this helps.

P.S.:

Looking at line 671, shows a reference to this.loginBase.__requestOptions.service.serviceSettings.

The message indicates that "service" is undefined.

Do you see any more error messages in the JavaScript Console?

Posted by mflanegan on 27-Aug-2014 07:12

Hi Egarcia

I have done all that already and still the project is not working correctly. If its fine, please can I share the project with you and can I have your email address that I must share the project with?

Thanks in advance.

Meyrick Flanegan

Developer - Managed Services

Email: mflanegan@elcb.co.za

ELCB Information Services (Pty) Ltd

Customer Service Email  elcb@elcb.co.za · www.elcb.co.za

E A S T  L O N D O N

Tel: +27(43)  704 0700

Fax: +27(43) 704 0701

J O H A N N E S B U R G

Tel: +27(11) 879 6179

Fax: +27(11) 454 0384

P O R T  E L I Z A B E T H

Tel: +27(41) 373 0529

Fax: +27(86) 650 0135

Disclaimer

[collapse]
From: egarcia [mailto:bounce-egarcia@community.progress.com]
Sent: 27 August 2014 01:31 PM
Subject: RE: [Technical Users - Mobile] Mobile App Builder Website

Reply by egarcia

Hello,

Just a quick suggestion.

It looks like the project is using the latest version of the Progress JavaScript files. However, the Session Service that it is using has the format of an old version.

Did you upgrade the project in the Mobile App Builder to use the latest features?

Did you update the Session Service to match the new version? (See document adding Session Service and Login Page to Upgraded Mobile Apps.)

Before upgrading a project, you can do a backup and/or create a project version.

The following links have information on upgrading a project:

If you still have issues after looking at this, you could share the project with me or Technical Support and we can take a look.

I hope this helps.

[/collapse]

Posted by egarcia on 28-Aug-2014 11:30

Hello Meyrick,

Thank you for your time to look at this issue together. I am glad that the project worked just fine after adding the Session Service and calling the new services.

Here is a summary of the issue and its resolution in case that others run into this issue.

The Mobile project was created in Mobile App Builder 9.0 and contained the MobileService_Login, MobileService_Logout and MobileService_Settings entries in Services. The implementation code for these services used SessionLogin.js and SessionLogout.js (the code for these services was inline).

When the project was upgraded to use the latest features, a new version of SessionLogin.js and SessionLogout.js was provided (the code for these services use a wrapper code that calls an object with the implementation).

However, since the old services were still in used, it was trying to use the new version of the code and would fail with the message:

To resolve this issue you would either need the following:

1) Old version of the code.

2) Add a new Session Service.

Prior to the upgrade, you could have renamed the old implementation files so that the old services would continue working.

We have added a note mentioning about this to the upgrade steps:

Since the project was already upgrade the adding a new Session Service was the best approach.

To add a new Session Service you could do the following:

1) Add a new Session Service using New->Sesssion Service.

2) Use the upgrade steps "Adding Session Service and Login Page to Upgraded Mobile Apps".

These steps are now documented in the upgrade page and also in the wiki:

Option #2, with the white paper, guides you through adding a new Session Service and Login page that can be used as examples.

Because you already had a LoginPage in your project it was easier to use that option #1 with your LoginPage and set the SessionService_Settings (Catalog URIs and Service URI) and usage of the Session Service, Login Service and Logout Services.

The Session Service needs to be called first, then the Login and Logout Services need to be called (generally from a button), and call then the JSDO Service.

The document "Adding Session Service and Login Page to Upgraded Mobile Apps", mentioned above, talks about this.

The white paper on how to build a Mobile app from the Phone App template also talks about this:

community.progress.com/.../9823.aspx

When using the new implementation files, old MobileService_Login and MobileService_Logout are no longer need and would continue  to throw the exception. These must be deleted.

Thank you and regards.

This thread is closed