Create Service

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 08-Jul-2014 07:34

I am using a create service on a page. I have components (labels, input, etc.) mapped to the service. When I invoke the service I am performing some validation on the appserver and if the validation fails I am performing an UNDO, THROW. I then will display the error on the mobile device as to alert the user. This all works well but the text/val from the components is cleared. Is this correct behavior? I would like to retain this text/val so the user can just fix what the error tells them to fix.

Posted by Phillip Molly Malone on 08-Jul-2014 20:53

Do you clear out the fields on a successful call? If so, how? Could this be being called if unsuccessful as well as successful?

I just wrote up a basic example of what  you are describing and it seems to work for me (i.e. leaves the fields as is).

If I am right about the changing of the fields being coded, perhaps have it happen on the success call of the create only.

If I am wrong on this, maybe an example/explanation of how you have it setup would be useful as it doesn't appear (in 11.3.2 against current Mobile AppBuilder) to be the way it behaves.

HTH

All Replies

Posted by Phillip Molly Malone on 08-Jul-2014 20:53

Do you clear out the fields on a successful call? If so, how? Could this be being called if unsuccessful as well as successful?

I just wrote up a basic example of what  you are describing and it seems to work for me (i.e. leaves the fields as is).

If I am right about the changing of the fields being coded, perhaps have it happen on the success call of the create only.

If I am wrong on this, maybe an example/explanation of how you have it setup would be useful as it doesn't appear (in 11.3.2 against current Mobile AppBuilder) to be the way it behaves.

HTH

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 16-Jul-2014 10:23

I figured out the issue. On my PageShow I would use JS to determine what page i was coming from. Based on the page I was coming from I would clear out the controls text/val. When I invoked my create call and returned an error I would display the error in a popup. Once I clicked ok my controls were being cleared because the PageShow event would fire and I was not testing for the Popup page.

Thanks.

This thread is closed