Themes and Swatch

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 20-Jun-2014 07:32

Is there a way to selected an app theme and swatch at runtime? We are using iOS7 theme with swatch b during development. We think this is the best looking of the bunch. However, my end users may want to change both at runtime. Can they be changed and then stored on the device?

All Replies

Posted by Anil Kumar on 20-Jun-2014 15:07

Hi rblanchard,

Currently there is no way to set different themes or swatch for a single application (development and runtime) from Rollbase Mobile environment. Setting up a theme to an app from ‘App Settings’ will be applied for the application and is applicable for both development and runtime aspects of the app.

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

[collapse]
From: rblanchard [mailto:bounce-rblanchard@community.progress.com]
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2014 6:03 PM
To: TU.Mobile@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - Mobile] Themes and Swatch

Themes and Swatch
Thread created by rblanchard

Is there a way to selected an app theme and swatch at runtime? We are using iOS7 theme with swatch b during development. We think this is the best looking of the bunch. However, my end users may want to change both at runtime. Can they be changed and then stored on the device?

Posted by Ricardo Perdigao on 20-Jun-2014 15:33

Roger,

I believe you can change them at runtime using JavaScript.  I've done it on a demo I've wrote.  The only difference is that I am changing custom themes I've created and not the themes provided on the product.  In theory, you should be able to use the same concept/code to change the themes on the product. Not saying it is easy, just saying it is doable ...

I wish I had the time to play with it and get a working sample for you :)

My demo can be found (at times)  on http://rperdigao.com:

- No User or password needed

- Go to the Settings page to see me changing the themes and swatches on the app ...

Warm Regards,

Ricardo Perdigao

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 23-Jun-2014 09:04

Okay, great...I will take a look.

Thanks.

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 23-Jun-2014 15:11

It is actually not allowing me to login...says failed to login.

Posted by Ricardo Perdigao on 27-Jun-2014 21:38

Roger,

My machine reboot and the VM was down.  I re-started it Today.  Please call me before your next try and I will make sure the VM is up and running for you to see it ... (I bought a new computer and will replacing my old one on Monday).

Warm Regards,

Ricardo

This thread is closed