Rollbase Mobile App Builder - Login error

Posted by johan.pouget on 13-Jun-2014 04:59

Hello,

I have a problem with Mobile App Builder. I created a new application. I wanted to test the default pages. But when I typed my username and password, I have an error.

The return of this error :

Error retrieving catalog 'https://www.rollbase.com/rest/mobile/api/getJSDOCatalog/catalog/101349917/101443619/jsdo/customer5_catalog.json'. Http status: 500. status (from jqXHT) :500 statusText (from jqXHT) :Internal Server Error

Have you an idea for solve my problem ?

Thanks !

All Replies

Posted by Anil Kumar on 13-Jun-2014 05:14

Hi Johan,

This could be because of Mozilla Firefox browser. Are you using Mozilla Firefox for this test? If yes we have an outstanding issue for the same. Can you please try using other HTML5 supported browsers (say Safari, Chrome or IE10).
If you are trying this in other than Mozilla, can you please provide the error messages available in the console view of the mobile app.

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

[collapse]
I have a problem with Mobile App Builder. I created a new application. I wanted to test the default pages. But when I typed my username and password, I have an error.

The return of this error :

Error retrieving catalog 'https://www.rollbase.com/rest/mobile/api/getJSDOCatalog/catalog/101349917/101443619/jsdo/customer5_catalog.json'. Http status: 500. status (from jqXHT) :500 statusText (from jqXHT) :Internal Server Error

Have you an idea for solve my problem ?

Thanks !

Posted by johan.pouget on 13-Jun-2014 07:32

I tested on IE 10, Chrome, and on Windows Phone 8.1 and Safari iOS 7.
Same error...

Chrome console :

> Refused to get unsafe header "X-CLIENT-CONTEXT-ID" progress.jsdo.2.2.js:5372
setClientContextIDfromXHR progress.jsdo.2.2.js:5372
Session._saveClientContextId progress.jsdo.2.2.js:5876
Session.login progress.jsdo.2.2.js:5569
process progress.mobile.2.2.js:592
$t.SessionLogin.$t.createClass.process SessionLogin.js:23
Appery.DataSource.$t.createClass.execute appery.js:1524
$.die.live.click LoginPage.js:246
jQuery.event.dispatch jquery-1.8.2.js:3063
elemData.handle.eventHandle jquery-1.8.2.js:2682

> GET https://www.rollbase.com/rest/mobile/api/getJSDOCatalog/catalog/101349917/101443619/jsdo/a_transf%C3%A9rer_en_compta_catalog.json 500 (Internal Server Error) progress.jsdo.2.2.js:5741
Session.addCatalog progress.jsdo.2.2.js:5741
process progress.mobile.2.2.js:638
$t.SessionLogin.$t.createClass.process SessionLogin.js:23
Appery.DataSource.$t.createClass.execute appery.js:1524
$.die.live.click LoginPage.js:246
jQuery.event.dispatch jquery-1.8.2.js:3063
elemData.handle.eventHandle

I don't understand the error, in fact. Why .js report an error whereas is the default files on create mobile app in Rollbase ?

Posted by whenshaw on 13-Jun-2014 09:10

Hi Johan,

It looks like the error happens when the app tries to get the JSDO catalog from the server. The login itself has apparently already succeeded, but there is some error on the server side handling the request for  the "rer_en_compta_catalog.json" file. I am not familiar with how a Rollbase back end serves up the catalog files, but here are 3 things to try that might help diagnose the problem:

1. If you look at the Network tab in a browser debugger (the Chrome debugger that you are using, for example), is there any additional information about the error in the body of the response from the server?

2. What happens if you enter the URI for the catalog directly into a browser address bar? Do you get a similar error, or does the catalog come back (it would probably be displayed in the browser window. Note: you might first get prompted for credentials).

3. Check to make sure that the your mobile app in the Mobile App builder is set to use the same authentication model as the  Web application running on the server ( I assume that would be Form). It is unlikely that you would have gotten far enough to request the catalog if the authentication models don't match, but I have seen that happen before.

Regards,

--Wayne Henshaw

Posted by araqiel on 19-Jun-2014 06:49

Hi,

1. On console I have :

GET www.rollbase.com/.../customer104_catalog.json
500 Internal Server Error 453ms progre....2.2.js (line 5741)
Response

{ "status_code": 500, "status_txt": "No URL parameter \u0022sessionId\u0022 (case-sensitive)" }

2. When I type the URI on adresse bar I have the same result. Ok, I understand, the sessionId parameter isn't correct. But how do this ?

3. This Is exactly the same.

I tried to do this workshop : https://community.progress.com/technicalusers/m/technicalusersgallery/324.aspx.
 And I had the same problem.

Thanks,

Posted by Anil Kumar on 19-Jun-2014 08:53

Hi araqiel,

Yes when you type the URI directly in the browser the catalog will not be shown in the browser as it is session bounded. We need to pass the URL followed by basic authentication of Rollbase user i.e., if you are trying to access the JSDO catalog through a REST client please provide the details through Basic authentication mode as follows:

o   Username: loginName@custId    e.g. anikumar@124102

o   Password: Regular Rollbase password

Can you please check if the JSDO catalog is shown properly in the normal REST Client (or Postman) with credentials.

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

[collapse]