screen rotation

Posted by meyrick on 10-Jun-2014 03:47

Hi there

Does anyone know how to disable the screen rotation but only when the user is using your application.

thanks.

All Replies

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 10-Jun-2014 08:00

Hi meyrick,

User can restrict screen rotation of iOS app by setting UIInterfaceOrientation option. User can find this option under Project > AppSettings > iOS keys section of Mobile App in Mobile App Builder. UIInterfaceOrientation option allows user to choose any one of the 4 values (UIInterfaceOrientationPortrait, UIInterfaceOrientationPortraitUpsideDown, UIInterfaceOrientationLandscapeLeft, UIInterfaceOrientationLandscapeRight).

Hope this helps,
Sanjeev.

[collapse]
From: meyrick [mailto:bounce-meyrick@community.progress.com]
Sent: 10 June 2014 PM 02:18
To: TU.Mobile@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - Mobile] screen rotation

Thread created by meyrick

Hi there

Does anyone know how to disable the screen rotation but only when the user is using your application.

thanks.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by meyrick on 10-Jun-2014 08:45

Hi sanjeev,

I forgot to mention i am building an android App. how would one stop the rotation on an android?

Thanks

Posted by egarcia on 10-Jun-2014 09:17

Hello,

In the Mobile App Builder, the Android permissions tab in App settings has a SET_ORIENTATION checkbox.

Could you try this checkbox to see the behavior?

I also notice that the AndroidManifest.xml file has a reference to screenOrientation="landscape". Perhaps, this could be way to change it if the SET_ORIENTATION does not give you the behavior that you expect.

I hope this helps.

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 10-Jun-2014 10:02

Hello,

I have tried option (SET_ORIENTATION), but when I installed that app on android phone, it is allowing screen rotations in all directions. I have found the following link using Google search, but we don’t have a facility to edit AndroidManifest.xml file from Mobile App Builder.

Regards,
Sanjeev.

[collapse]
From: egarcia [mailto:bounce-egarcia@community.progress.com]
Sent: 10 June 2014 PM 07:48
To: TU.Mobile@community.progress.com
Subject: RE: [Technical Users - Mobile] screen rotation

Reply by egarcia

Hello,

In the Mobile App Builder, the Android permissions tab in App settings has a SET_ORIENTATION checkbox.

Could you try this checkbox to see the behavior?

I also notice that the AndroidManifest.xml file has a reference to screenOrientation="landscape". Perhaps, this could be way to change it if the SET_ORIENTATION does not give you the behavior that you expect.

I hope this helps.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

This thread is closed