Batching

Posted by meyrick on 08-May-2014 07:38

Is there a way to produce batching behaviour in a select control?

How do we identify the end of a selections data and fire an event?

Posted by egarcia on 12-May-2014 10:16

Hello,

I would generally apply batching (paging) to a List control rather than to a Select control.

For a List control in JQuery (the Mobile App Builder uses JQuery / JQuery Mobile), you could apply the concept of infinite scrolling, where the scroll event is detected and using some logic based on the scrollHeight attribute, the code loads additional data dynamically.

I do not know if the scroll event applies to a Select control.

I did some few internet searches via DuckDuckGo and found some links that can give you some ideas on this:

- www.webdeveloperjuice.com/.../create-infinte-scroll-effect-using-jquery-with-demo

- www.webdeveloperjuice.com/.../infinite_scroll.php

- www.jplugins.net/kinetic

www.jplugins.net/overscroll

I have not tried them from the Mobile App Builder.

I hope this helps.

All Replies

Posted by egarcia on 12-May-2014 10:16

Hello,

I would generally apply batching (paging) to a List control rather than to a Select control.

For a List control in JQuery (the Mobile App Builder uses JQuery / JQuery Mobile), you could apply the concept of infinite scrolling, where the scroll event is detected and using some logic based on the scrollHeight attribute, the code loads additional data dynamically.

I do not know if the scroll event applies to a Select control.

I did some few internet searches via DuckDuckGo and found some links that can give you some ideas on this:

- www.webdeveloperjuice.com/.../create-infinte-scroll-effect-using-jquery-with-demo

- www.webdeveloperjuice.com/.../infinite_scroll.php

- www.jplugins.net/kinetic

www.jplugins.net/overscroll

I have not tried them from the Mobile App Builder.

I hope this helps.

This thread is closed